Power Commander = poor idle/stalls... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Power Commander = poor idle/stalls...

Hi guys,

I've not been on the site for a few months due to the wiring loom issue I suffered back in March. Long story short.

Knackered loom, this took 4 months to replace.

Upset, and very disappointed with MV having waited so long for parts, it seems the factory was slow to send warranty items so I was left without a bike since March. Finally it's back and whilst the bike was being worked on I had a V5 PC fitted as my fuel/air mix was well off. The bike has a full HP corse system fitted, with race air filter. 2013 registered bike but it's a 2009 1078rr.

Since getting the bike back it's not happy at idle. Basically cold starts are a no go, it needs to be run to 70' before I even consider moving off and even then it's shocking. It seems engaging the clutch when moving off results in the revs dropping as you'd expect but the Ecu is unable to catch idle and the bike stalls. This has become a regular issue.

My dealer tells me the Ecu 'locks out' the PC up to around the 5k mark so any mapping is ignored. Once the bike is worked hard it flies. The mapping has made a massive difference and I'm very happy with it, it's just low down in the revs it's disgusting. I can manoeuvre around a small carpark and the bike will die several times unless I keep the throttle open thus manually controlling idle.

What is going on!!

Im getting bored now and need a solution to this. My thoughts are as follows:

Battery - having spent months at the dealership I'm sure it wasn't left on a charger and after 4 months it's probably cooked. I always leave it on my optimate. When plugged it it shows it fully charging, I have notice it once in 'desulfanating' mode.

Ecu. Do I need to go race Ecu? If so how much and where do I get it from

Shall I just junk it in and buy a KTM super duke!!!

Any advice, as always will be appreciated.

Tack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 07:56 PM

I'll give you 10,000 Turkish Lira for it, and go get the Duke. Seriously, if I understand your post correctly, you made too many changes at once. Now it's hard to tell where all this began. It could have something to do with the new wire loom or maybe the exhaust and filter, or the PC, who knows where to start ? My advice would be to check or get double checked that wire loom installation. Maybe something isn't grounded, or plugged in etc. if that fails, put it back to factory stock and start over until you find the issue.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 09:35 PM

New Site Garage
You can add as many mods as you like, at once too, if your TPS has not been properly set and the throttle bodies balanced, then you low RPM performance will always be terrible.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 11:22 PM

Easy for me to say but I would get rid of the PC5 and get a Microtec ECU, a much better option in my opinion. PC5 is very limited in what it can do as opposed to the Microtec
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 02:53 AM

Hook up your laptop to the PCV, save the map and then put a zero map on. So how it goes then.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ???

Tack;
1st the dealer is lying......the PC is between the ECU and the injectors...... The ECU doesn't know its there

I suspect an air leak....lift the tank and look for disconnected/leaking vacuum lines buy 4 vacuum caps and cap the manifold lines at the side fittings or at the manifold
Check the clamps on the intake hoses

Now VERY CAREFULLY REMOVE THE CONNECTORS FROM THE INJECTORS

Now remove the PC5 connectors from the harness now reconnect the harness to the injectors

You have now eliminated air.leaks.and.the PC5

Ride it and report back

Donsy knows how I sync throttlebodies........he turned the screws for me on CAG's SPR

I use a Uni-Syn and.have been since '59

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Tack;
1st the dealer is lying......the PC is between the ECU and the injectors...... The ECU doesn't know its there

I suspect an air leak....lift the tank and look for disconnected/leaking vacuum lines buy 4 vacuum caps and cap the manifold lines at the side fittings or at the manifold
Check the clamps on the intake hoses

Now VERY CAREFULLY REMOVE THE CONNECTORS FROM THE INJECTORS

Now remove the PC5 connectors from the harness now reconnect the harness to the injectors

You have now eliminated air.leaks.and.the PC5

Ride it and report back

+1
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Cheers for the replies guys.

My dealer tells me the TPS was balanced when the loom was replaced.

I've been busy with work so not had a chance to look at it. Tried to install the PC software onto my CrapBook but its only windows compatible! Will dig out an old laptop and try removing the map and adding the zero as suggested.

If that fails i'll start to take it apart. I loosened off the screw that hold the tank on, it was under the seat. I then removed the plastic sides but couldn't shift the tank much. Do i need to take off the ignition cover too? I've had previous bikes apart before but I've not touched the MV so i'm nervous about disturbing things underneath the tank.

Will keep you informed.

Tack.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Another thought..

Would it be possible to simply find someone with a Full HP Corse system and air filter and have them email me a map that i could just install? Does it work like that?

Ta
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 01:59 PM

Who is your dealer, because the bit about locking the PC out is BS. Agree with Noel here, check for air leaks perished split hoses and eliminate the PC 5, then run it again. When was fuel filter last replaced?

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode