Decisions Decisions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Decisions Decisions

My thanks again to everyone for all the great information available on this forum. I am in a bit of a quandry. I have not been riding since my Triumph 955i was stolen 3 years ago. I decided about a month ago to get back into it and have fallen in love with the Brutale - seduced by the looks, sound, and aura of the machine.

If cost were not an issue, the 910 seems the obvious choice. Given that I stand to save 3 to 4k with an 05 750, I am very much leaning in that direction. I am not a very aggressive rider - Is it worth the extra money to get the 910, or do you think that I will get the same thrill out of the 750. Then, of course, there is the resale value issue.

What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:40 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutish
Then, of course, there is the resale value issue.
You mean you would get rid of it??!?!?!!?!

I can't help too much, as I didn't have a 750/don't have a 750. Coming from a 1300, I wanted something with some torque, heard the 750 was a bit revvy, which I don't think I would have liked quite as much.

but as far as....
Quote:
seduced by the looks, sound, and aura of the machine
I think the 750 would do just fine!

-colin
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:42 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Hi,

Aggressive rider or not, since there is more street-usable torque in the low RPM with the 910, you will benefit from it,

Let me put it this way: just imagine, everytime you twist the throttle a little more than you "need" to, the 910 will make you smile more than the 750 but is it worth the 4-5k? you will have to be the judge of that.

I would say if you can afford it, get the 910,

good luck and keep us updated...

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 07:41 AM

I will second what Odonata said. I started with a 750 and loved it so much immediately traded up for the 910R. The 750 is a fantastic bike/engine with a beautiful manic character. There is more than enough power but you have to rev it. When u do...it sounds great. But the immediate torque of the 910 makes a big difference in everyday riding. It's not 20 or 30% "better" to justify the $ differential, but you would notice the difference. But you would be happy with either. Get back into riding - can't go wrong with the either Brutale. Keep us posted
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoLunch
You mean you would get rid of it??!?!?!!?!

-colin
I would only get rid of it to trade up to something new! My guess is that the 750 pricing has already been corrected for the new 910, so there is no real risk with respect to resale value with either. I'm amazed that I have not seen a single 910 available for resale anywhere in the month of intensive searching that I have done!

I am leaning towards the 750 right now, but if ProItalia had a black 910 in stock, I would probably be tempted! I will be sure to let everyone know what I do.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Not very lucky..

I think going with the 910 was the better choice for me because I hate paying for upgrades that I could have gotten with another bike. I am not aggresive at all and ride very conservatively wether I am riding my mountain bike, road bike, dirt bike, or my 910. I just think it is nice to know that I have the available power and torque if I ever wanted it without having to spend more money to upgrade later on something like the exhaust. I spent over a year deciding which MV to get and there is not one day I regret getting my 910. Hope this helps!!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutish
My thanks again to everyone for all the great information available on this forum. I am in a bit of a quandry. I have not been riding since my Triumph 955i was stolen 3 years ago. I decided about a month ago to get back into it and have fallen in love with the Brutale - seduced by the looks, sound, and aura of the machine.

If cost were not an issue, the 910 seems the obvious choice. Given that I stand to save 3 to 4k with an 05 750, I am very much leaning in that direction. I am not a very aggressive rider - Is it worth the extra money to get the 910, or do you think that I will get the same thrill out of the 750. Then, of course, there is the resale value issue.

What do you all think?
Welcome Brutish!!
I have a 750S and for me is so fast and agressive!It depends how much you wont ask to your bike.For example 777 or GLADIO (members forum) sure prefere 910 but they wont go "fast and furious" .
pigiolino

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 11:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I LOVE TQ....had a 910 been available, I probably would have gotten it, had it come down to staring at the two in the face to choose.

This editor pretty much summed it up though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist Magazine Online
In the end, choosing between this and the Brutale 750 is harder than expected. Iíd assumed all that extra midrange muscle would make the bigger bike demonstrably better. If thatís what you like, it is. The 910 is easier to ride and slightly faster, but itís also lost the smoothness and barking-mad bluster that make the 750 so much fun. Although most people will probably opt for the $14,500 910 when it arrives in America this fall, Iím not convinced. Bigger, in this case, isnít necessarily better.
Either choice you will not be disappointed. Which is "funner", I would probably have to say a 750, since you can come closer to pushing it and it not biting back than you can a 910....which will give you a bigger grin when you open her up...probably the 910.....eitherway, you can't go wrong...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 AM

750s

Just went thru this same dilemma myself mate! Had heard the 750 "needed more power blah blah blah.. For ME...All nonsense !
As the members above have suggested she only really bites from a little over 6 thou on, but I have been really surprised how useful even the power is lower down given the reviews, and stunned at how much she puts down when you really wind her up.. Ive had it up to 200kph in a flash.. way more than you can practically use on a naked anyway so I dont accept the power argument without some scepticism..
I was worried about it having enough torque when i got, mainly because Ive had some real grunters like the hayabusa and Hondas SP2 (RC51 to you?!)and still love the instantaneous snap of a big v twin for example, but I was in for a bit of a surprise.. I found that my riding style adapted to the bike straight away and I enjoyed needing to adapt. The impression that you really get is a sense that you are riding it hard and really interacting working the little beast to get the best out of it.. When you combine that with the superb handling its actually a very satisfying ride for a 400 to 500km thrash

Im sure you could ride the 910 a lot easier.. greater TQ generally translates that it doesnt matter so much when you shift etc.. but as on the hayabusa that extra torque kind of dumbs your riding down, and when i think about it, i kind of suspect that the stimulation of the ride reduces with that dumbing down to some degree?
So I guess you need to have a good hard think about whether that would that be as much fun for you personally.. Myself I enjoy having to be on my game and interacting with the thing and its really been quite a learning experience for me, steering me away from the "more power is better" concept a bit

I would also estimate (910 guys pls feel free to correct here?) that the 910 would be a much more relaxing longer distance ride and hence a better all rounder in that respect?? ...theory being that in practice your 910 would probably cruise at lower rpm but still retain good power for overtakes etc.. and i would guess that this would be more a chilled out prospect for long runs/multiple dayruns/tours etc
But for dicing it up in the twisties, the little brutale is amazing and yet it does other things well at the same time, for example i also find that i can even cruise at something like legal speeds in a very relaxed manner so its not one of those machines you just have to thrash it everywhere

The bottom line for me was that i didnt really fancy the depreciation on a brand new 910 (there are no second hand ones yet) and that I really wanted the handling, style and attitude of the brutale, so the 750S was a no brainer from that perspective.. May check out the 910s once they start to dribble onto the second hand market but I wouldnt think it would be worth the cash diff to shift.
And finally! Dont think you'd have any doubts if you were to test drive the 750.. But be warned, you will probably fall in love with it if you do test ride it so make sure you have your cash all lined up so your ready to roll!!

Good luck - Let us know how you go and what your thinking is eh?!

Cheers

Bruce
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Bruce - thanks so much for the long response - very helpful. I keep going back and forth on it, but you have made a very strong case for the 750. I've got a line on a superb 2005 with almost no miles that I will probably pull the trigger on tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated and shower you with pictures once it arrives.

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. They were all genuinely helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode