Who's actually figured out a better lighting option for 2010+ Brutales? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Who's actually figured out a better lighting option for 2010+ Brutales?

Hey all! So I have searched up and down and have yet to find a solid answer as to what the best option to get more "quality" light out of the 2010+ Brutales is. I've seen some people using various HID kits, (DDM tuning seems to be the more popular one), but most state that they don't provide as good of a pattern.

If you've succeeded/failed on a 2010+ Brutale (with the projector headlight), I have some specific questions:

- Will the 35w DDM tuning low beam and/or hi-lo beam kit work better than the stock headlight configuration WITHOUT blinding oncoming drivers? Even if the beam's pattern isn't perfect, I'm looking for the greater good here.

- Will something like a PIAA or "Silverlight" bulb improve the brightness enough?

- Has anyone else had any success stories???

Many thanks ahead of time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 02:29 PM

i have the DDM 55w 5500k installed

i wrote plenty of details in my for sale thread(i bought several sets/pairs of bulbs) here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139609

^i also recorded and posted a quick video so you can view color(in overcast daylight).. so far this has performed better lighting/beam pattern than my triumph daytona or 999S duc that both had 35w hid's in projector headlights.. i remember reading a thread here about someone complaining about their hid beam pattern and re installing the halogens.. not sure what issue they were having as mine functions better than I had hoped for.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

NICE COMPARISON! I didn't see this as I wasn't looking in the FS section.

Did you have any concern that the bulb and/or wiring might get too hot with the 55w? I hear all of these urban legends of lenses popping out and what not. Interested in your spare 55w/5500k setup if you still have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treybiker View Post
NICE COMPARISON! I didn't see this as I wasn't looking in the FS section.

Did you have any concern that the bulb and/or wiring might get too hot with the 55w? I hear all of these urban legends of lenses popping out and what not. Interested in your spare 55w/5500k setup if you still have it.

I've heard several of the stories about the glass popping off.. not sure if the problem was ever fixed(youd think the factory would make revisions the the headlight assy) or if it affected both generations of brutales??

either way, I favor the reduction of risk being that I feel a bit more confident riding at night... plus, let's be honest, they look cool as hell!!

Yeah, i still have the other matching set available.. i can ship to you, or if you're in SoCal, we can meet
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

PM'ed ya
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 05:29 PM

I tried installed an HID in mine, and wasn't happy with the result.

I had to modify the plastic housing at the back of the headlight since the HID bulb is significantly longer at the base and didn't fit. I still haven't figured out a nice/clean way to close the hole I made. Just have a grommet filled with hot melt glue.

The HIDs output a LOT more like, but unfortunately the pattern was so crap that I had bright zones and dark zones that made riding at night almost impossible.

I basically ended up getting a good halogen bulb and putting it back in. Not as much total light output but it's brighter where I need it.

I still have the kits if you want to them (One for low, one for high)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode