Helllo from new member! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Helllo from new member!

Hey all, new member here. First wanted to say hello to everyone. I managed to find this site and hope that it will lead me to the purchase of a MV Agusta Brutale. I've always had an eye for Brutales, but
have never ridden one. I seen one at the MV Agusta display last July during the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. I've read various reviews of the bike in British magazines such as T.W.O., Superbike magazine and Fast Bikes, but was hoping some existing owners can offer their "unbiased" opinions of the bike I currently own a CBR1000RR and have owned a variety of sportbikes such as the Honda VTR1000, RC51, VFR750, etc. I'm looking to sell the CBR1000RR and pick up a Brutale and an used 600cc sportbike later on. I'm Wondering if some of the members have come from Japanese sportbikes
and what the transition was like and if they have any regrets. Also, I've been curious about the reliability of the MV's and what the cost of parts is like.

There is no MV Agusta dealers in Canada from what I know, so I would have to do my own work or find some shop willing to service it. I figure this is my best resource for finding out whether the MV would be the right motorcycle for me. Can't wait to hear some of your replys. I'm going to spend sometime reading through old threats/posts.

Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 AM

Hello Will, and welcome to the site!

I come from a Japanese sport bike background and I think the transition will be no problem. The riding position will be way more comfortable than what you are used to, but still be plenty sporty. The Brutale's bars are narrow and the reach to the bar will have you canted slightly forward. The I4 engine screams and the induction roar is intoxicating. It has plenty of low end torque and is faster than anybody ever needs on the street (although you could say that about any bike these days). It also handles like nothing else I have ever ridden. The only things you possibly might not like is that, being a naked bike, you will have no wind protection (I actually love that aspect. It hightens the experience). And the bike is also on the small side. So if you are a very tall or heavy rider, you may feel cramped. I say go with your heart. You will not be disappointed.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Not very lucky..

Welcome! The Brutale 910 is my first motorcycle ever, and I think it is the best! Sorry I don't have anything to compare to except my Honda xr250 dirtbike. My first service is up and I am going to end up paying around $700 in San Francisco at Munroe Motors. A buddy of mine owns a Ducati 748 which he has had for about 6 years and a Ktm Super Duke that he has had for about 8 months. He rode my 910 and he thinks the seat is more comfortable than what is on his Super Duke, that it has a lot of power and that it feels like a sport bike, but with a comfortable sitting position. Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 10:15 AM

Welcome!, and BUY THE BRUTALE, you will never regret it
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Thumbs up

Hi Will, nice to have you on board, As anucci has said, you'll have no probs adapting to a Brutale, less so than if you were buying a Duke or an Aprillia. Have a test ride, you will be smitten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info and the welcomes so far guys! I've been reading some of the older posts - great stuff.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 PM

Welcome

Hope you buy the Brutale soon
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Godd to have you here, Will.

if you test ride the Brutale, you will be dreaming about it until you get it.

O D O N A T A

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
Hey Will, this is a great place to get the answers your looking for.
I ride alot of the Jap bikes, but own a brutale s. Coming from a 1000RR, I feel you'd be happier with the 910, than the 750. When I'm in Toronto, I end up doing alot of high speed highway miles (that's just how the traffic flows...honest ) The lack of wnd protection becomes an issue at that point. In the end, the type of riding you do will decide if this bike is right for you, although it is very versatile and a lot of fun.

Live to Ride
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 04:18 PM

Hey Will. I own an 05 CBR1000rr, which I'm keeping and I've just taken delivery of a Brutale R. I felt at home right away and it's a piece of cake to ride. The difference you'll notice is that the Brutale has less lock so while doing slow, tight turns you'll find yourself doing the foot dance a bit to start with. The other is of course the upright position.

Around traffic and the city it's a blast, very nimble. Apart from that I'm just running it in so haven't been able to explore it properly yet.

Enjoy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode