mid-pipe - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
mid-pipe

How much is the mid-pipe? What can I expect in regards to performance and sound if installed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 02:56 PM

From what I've found, they range from about $300-$600 and don't do much on their own. Most recommend a new chip and map, but say sound is better.
I'm planning to get one, but for the main purpose of having it and my headers ceramic coated to reduce heat.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
How much is the mid-pipe? What can I expect in regards to performance and sound if installed?
It depends only by mapping...My opinion after spoken to Mv CORSE.....
Bye 777...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 03:44 PM

I have replaced the midpipe on my Brutale 750 and it`s a bit louder (better sound) but I also changed to the BMC filter, so that may have impact to the sound too! The sound is quite nicer I think and personally I wouldn`t have it any louder than it is now. I also replaced the chip, and it feels a lot stronger now, and wheelies is even easier now
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
I just installed the MV Corse headers and midpipe (they sell it as one unit) on my 910 last week. The sound is great. Louder and deeper than stock, but not obnoxious. John T (Airfuel) will install the PCIII and custom map it on his dyno in a couple of weeks and that will tell the performance story. Here is a link to my thread with some pics:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1289
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I have the midpipe, and the sound is noticeably louder. It give it a more hollow tuned sound. Kinda like having quieter brand of slip-on if you had a jap bike.

You sound stock at idle, but when underload(moving) the bike sounds even more incredible. I get TONS of compliments of how nice the bike sounds....even from a fellow MV owner...

It will also lean out the a\f ratio so you dont run so rich, and on top of that, stock 750s dyno at 104 WHP, mine gained 2 WHP....worth it IMO....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 AM

Mid-pipe not hype

I also questioned the mid-pipe, but at my 500mile service I went and had it installed, following a few recommendations. Just do it, mine was $ 425, the sound is far sexier and I agree with everyone that it will not upset the neighbors. It could be that I am getting used to the bike but the throttle response seems a little less edgy and smoother, not just on and off.

Michael

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode