New 910 owner - need the basics - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

New 910 owner - need the basics

I have long admired the brutale and now I have added one to my stable to go with my fz1 and HD.

The bike I'm buying has arrow exhaust but stock ecu. I see many different ecu options. Do I get a new ecu or just a chip, or chip and power commander?

Then there is another thing called an SPU. I'm assuming that is a completely separate part that will need to be replaced if it is blue instead of black.

Then there is the Mitch Hub, how unsafe is this bike if I don't install this part. Seems to be expensive but a no brainer if it is a safety concern.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 01:54 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum Dduck.
Firstly you have to figure out which model you have, then which year - 910S or 910R - EURO 2 or EURO. This will determine which SPU and ECU your bikes uses.

Have a read through some of the topics in this section - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...69#post1361569

Have a look through the maintenance section, heaps of discussions on the hubs, basically it come's down to this, if you cant say what's been done on it, and you can't maintain it confidently, then buy one of the better hubs.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 AM

Is that capital D for Darkwing? "When there's trouble you call DW"

MV Ultra Take the ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 05:54 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family Dduck!!!

As for ECU options....does it run well?? Yes?, leave the ECU alone.

Take the rear hub apart. Inspect it and replace the bearings if all looks good. Then maintain it correctly. Replace it if there is any damage at all.

SPU is the fuse/relay box on the right side of the tank. Easy enough to see if it is the new improved part or the old failure prone one.

Great bikes!! Enjoy your new ride!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Big Randaddy

The Basics: You bought the pinnacle of Brutale production. There will be the naysayers that believe that the ugly younger brother 1078 is the top banana, but don't believe it. The 910R rules the roost.

The second generation Brutales, all of them, as nice as they are in their own right, don't compare to the first gen 910.....

One other thing......Chicks dig Brutie Riders.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the warm welcome. Bike being shipped to me in FL from NY so I haven't riden yet. Seller says on off throttle a bit choppy with the arrow exhaust install. 2006 910s is the model.

I drove a newer brutale 2013 and loved it but didn't want to spend $12k-$13k on a third bike. The 910 is sick and even more raw from what I've read. Which is exactly what I want, a wild sexy bike for short flings...

Luckily I have a great ducati mech that also knows MV's but still want to be informed.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dduck View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome. Bike being shipped to me in FL from NY so I haven't riden yet. Seller says on off throttle a bit choppy with the arrow exhaust install. 2006 910s is the model.

I drove a newer brutale 2013 and loved it but didn't want to spend $12k-$13k on a third bike. The 910 is sick and even more raw from what I've read. Which is exactly what I want, a wild sexy bike for short flings...

Luckily I have a great ducati mech that also knows MV's but still want to be informed.
Dduck,

Welcome. Choppy with or without the Arrow. Something to get used to with a bit of clutch help.A different ecu smooths this out a bit but they are a very sensitive throttle. I run a Microtec from Chris at XBikes. Big improvement but don't try the loud button down low if your clutch hand isn't in place.

Cheers

Deano
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Dduck,

Welcome. Choppy with or without the Arrow. Something to get used to with a bit of clutch help.A different ecu smooths this out a bit but they are a very sensitive throttle. I run a Microtec from Chris at XBikes. Big improvement but don't try the loud button down low if your clutch hand isn't in place.

Cheers

Deano
What is the loud button? Are you talking about a hand full of throttle? Made that mistake on a gsxr1000 once. And on a 2 stroke dirt bike that literally put me on my back going down a 45 degree hill.

Will check out Xbikes. Thx
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 09:33 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I think I know this bike. Wait until you get it before you start throwing money at it. You may only require an adjustment to the TPS.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 02:59 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dduck View Post
What is the loud button? Are you talking about a hand full of throttle? Made that mistake on a gsxr1000 once. And on a 2 stroke dirt bike that literally put me on my back going down a 45 degree hill.

Will check out Xbikes. Thx
Yep, that's what I'm talking about.

Cheers

Deano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode