Need help with Arrow Thunder Exhaust Installation - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Need help with Arrow Thunder Exhaust Installation

I finally got my rear wheel back from the powder coaters and had Cycle Gear install the new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tire on it for me, but they were not able to balance it due to the fact that they did not have the MV adaptor. I ended up taking down to Atlanta Triumph Ducati where they said they would be happy to balance it for me. They gave me wheel back 10 minutes later with a single weight on it and told me it would be $20! I couldn't belive it, but that's another story.

When I returned home to mount the tire, I noticed that the Arrow Thunder Exhaust was less than an inch away from rubbing against the tire. I was able to press against the exhaust a little to move it outward, but the can returns back to almost rubbing the tire. I believe I have it installed right, so can anyone help me determine why it's so close?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 04:34 PM

i guess it's normal, i wouldn't worry if i were in you, seen like this is not closer than the others and is impossible is going to touch the tire cause the swingarm moves up when rides, so when you are on the bike, you'll see the pipe will be further from the tire.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Photos of the bike with the newly powder coated wheels??? how's the project coming?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Established Member

1. Did you install the rubber insulater on the inside of the strap. 2.It is possible to install the strap backwards you have to look carefully at it. Mine is close too. I have 3/8" clearance.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

I put all the pieces together tonight and plan to take some photos of it in the sunlight tomorrow.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
1. Did you install the rubber insulater on the inside of the strap. 2.It is possible to install the strap backwards you have to look carefully at it. Mine is close too. I have 3/8" clearance.
Yep, I installed the rubber mount on the inside. I guess it's just a close fit because there is no other way to mount the bracket to the foot peg holes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Spot View Post
I finally got my rear wheel back from the powder coaters and had Cycle Gear install the new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tire on it for me, but they were not able to balance it due to the fact that they did not have the MV adaptor. I ended up taking down to Atlanta Triumph Ducati where they said they would be happy to balance it for me. They gave me wheel back 10 minutes later with a single weight on it and told me it would be $20! I couldn't belive it, but that's another story.

When I returned home to mount the tire, I noticed that the Arrow Thunder Exhaust was less than an inch away from rubbing against the tire. I was able to press against the exhaust a little to move it outward, but the can returns back to almost rubbing the tire. I believe I have it installed right, so can anyone help me determine why it's so close?

That's odd Flat Spot....just went out and checked mine, there's about an 3/4" to an inch gap between the tire and my Stubby can. I was able to slide my thumb (side to side) between the two.

Zoom the pic I'm attaching (full exhaust system)....is yours a slip-on or the "full system". Sounds like the grommet solution others are suggesting is your fix.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ape2Agusta; 01-13-2008 at 10:40 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:38 PM

It's the position of the rubber grommet that can make that difference, just double check that it's installed correctly, if that is still not working, go to old Home Depot and purchase a few "rubber washers" of similar size. That will provide the stretch you need to create more space ... that should do the trick. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode