Quickie - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quickie

Well, it's been 6 months since buying the new left over 2013 1090 and I finally had a chance to go for a quick ride today. It seems like forever getting to this point but I feel it was worth the wait. After spending the last 4 years on a Hayabusa, throwing a leg over the Brutale was a welcome change. The Brutale won't be replacing the Busa but is going to make a good stable mate!

After a quick first 35 mile ride today I was left impressed. The front is light and it wants to wheelie all the time lol. Before even riding the bike I'd installed the complete MV stainless exhaust, OL4 cans and ECU along with a BMC air filter. It sounds great!! The only real hiccup I had was for some reason the CRG front brake lever was causing the brakes to drag a little. I pulled the lever, tried the original and no brake drag. After the ride I tweeked the CRG lever with a Dremel removing a little material and all is good now.

Next, put down some miles, get used to the bike & it's character, have the first service done in a couple weeks or so and have the rear sub-frame replaced under recall at the same time. Better weather is coming, that's all I keep telling myself!!

2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 (sold)
1995 Ducati SS/SP 944 FBF kit (sold)
2006 Ducati S4R (sold)
1992 Ducati 900 SS (sold)
1997 Ducati 748 (sold)
1990 Ducati 906 Paso (totaled)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Little update. We managed another ride over the weekend before the weather changed. I'm settling in on the bike, learning what it likes and dislikes and starting to enjoy it even more. It's a huge step away from the Hayabusa that's for sure but that was expected.

Next is to adjust the rear suspension. I have to order a couple spanners then get to work. 99% of my riding is 2-up with the wife. If it were purely a 1-up machine I'd probably leave things alone but for us, it needs stiffening up a little then recheck the ride height.

I installed a Bestem carbon rear hugger too. A simple mod that took only a few minutes and well worth it in my opinion. With a little help from my wife as she sat on the bike & holding the rear brake while I loosened the rear nut then to tighten things up. I used 3 well nuts from Lowes and stainless screws. Instead of a metric well but I used 3/8" and they fit like a glove!!

2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 (sold)
1995 Ducati SS/SP 944 FBF kit (sold)
2006 Ducati S4R (sold)
1992 Ducati 900 SS (sold)
1997 Ducati 748 (sold)
1990 Ducati 906 Paso (totaled)

Last edited by todd moyer; 04-20-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode