Monster board hate on the Brutale...why? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Monster board hate on the Brutale...why?

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/ind...?action=search

Man..goto that board and do a search on "Brutale" Jesus H Christ is there some hate on the Brutale....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitt
other than they are uglier than sin, and I think a 750 inline, with no exhaust note, and even worse parts supply than a duc, they would be a great (2nd) bike Grin Grin Grin

mitt
WTF??? That guy has to be on crack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkcore
Does Valvios Radial mean "Way too much money to fix" in Italian?
"Pot...meet my good friend, Kettle!" Are you serious? Upkeep on a Monster is easily TWICE that of a Brutale....not to mention factory Ducati parts being a PITA to get, and just as if not more expensive...

There were a couple more, but I thought those were a bit funny...Why so much hate? Nobody on here badmouths a Monster....yet, it's a normal topic on there. Everything on our bike is superior, even with the S4Rs and it's Ohlins, our frame doesn't flex like a 14 year old girl gymnast. And even though it's not Ohlins, our Marzocchi's are light years stiffer than any Ohlins. And that's thier complaint, is our bikes are too stiff...wtf????

The no exhaust note got me...one of the most requests I get from fellow cyclists is, "can I hear the MV note?" Granted, the Duc with Termi's note is revelled as argueably the sexiest sound...the noise emitted from the brutale is now considered the sexiest. Many reviews even stated they rode without earplugs only on the Brutale so they could revel in the joyous intake and exhaust notes...

Somebody said they'de hands down pick an S2R over a Brutale...what the hell are you on????

Just thought it was something I'de point out. Not really to start shit between the boards, but damn, that board almost hurt my feelings Yes, there are a couple people defending the MV, but damn, there's a lot of hate towards our bikes on that board....by "fellow Italians" no less....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.

Last edited by oicdn; 05-08-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Yeah, that's stupid.
But to be honest i see more MV owners dissing Ducati than Ducati owners dissing MV.
And there are more Ducatis than MV's.........
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:00 PM

Well, that's just 'cause MV's are better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata

I am perfectly happy with my view, they can think they want.

and they are wrong

O D O N A T A

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:38 PM

I am not sure I agree. I did the search and read though some of the threads. Considering it's a Monster board, they say a lot of positive things about the Brutale. I may be biased as I used to belong to that board. They are actually a good group of people over there.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

I used to belong to that board too. Like in it's infancy. I gave the Mototune USA break-in as a FAQ, as a buddy of mine actually knew the guy.

They took it down cause they said "it didn't coincide with the owner manual recommendations..." Well, then why the hell did you want members to submit thier break-ins or other FAQs if you're not gonna agree with what the manual says....shit, then just post the Manual.

Nate
Brutale S
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
But to be honest i see more MV owners dissing Ducati than Ducati owners dissing MV.
Yep...I'd agree with that.....and I'm one of them !!!
I dont hate Ducati's{I use to won one} just a lot of the so called "Ducatisti "who have their head in the sand when it comes to accepting other brands.

I also like to stir the pot because their range of bikes these days are either butt-ugly or just plain old looking
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:36 PM

I was talking with a friend the other day about the differences in the two brands, and I was telling him how Ducati has their high-end bikes, down to their low-end. MV only makes high-end bikes.
I just find it funny how elitist many Ducatisti are, when their bikes aren't exclusive or even expensive (except to maintain )
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

"Elitist Ducatisti"...it's funny, cause they even have that attitude when they own a 620 Dark

I dunno, I just dislike the attitude in general, but damn....the hate on that board is crazy. Yes, there are MV owners who hate on Ducatisti....but almost rightfully so, as many MV owners were Ducati owners. That, and we don't really bash on all other bikes. We know we don't have the fastest most HP bike on the planet....but we DO KNOW we have the prettiest and best handling, with performance that's deifnitly up there...and that's what counts....

Nate
Brutale S
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 AM

i still peruse the DML but I don't bash on them or talk MV as I would be raining on their parade. All ya need to know is that I just sold the S2R after upgrading to a Brutale and never seriously considered the S4Rs (unless there was no MV dlr in close proximity).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode