910s help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

910s help

Hi all!

I'm looking to buy a 2006 Brutale 910s with 5,000 miles on it and it has a small oil leak and the previous owner laid it down on his driveway (kickstand,oops) and I was wondering what the cost to replace this cover and to fix the oil leak would be. Thanks for any help.

Also I think the SPU was new because I took the right side cover plate off and the unit was all black. I didn't see blue anywhere. I test rode it and it ran great and smooth, no sputtering. It's 100% bone stock. The owner has a ton of other bikes so it's been sitting awhile and never gets ridden.

My passion for firefighting, riding motorcycles and shooting guns runs deep.

-NFA Review Channel

Last edited by NFAReviewChannel; 04-06-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Al-

are you sure its an oil leak? sometimes my bike gets guck in that area that is slung off of the chain inside the sprocket cover. It could be nothing or it could be the tranmission seal or anything inbetween in terms of cost and complexity.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
are you sure its an oil leak? sometimes my bike gets guck in that area that is slung off of the chain inside the sprocket cover. It could be nothing or it could be the tranmission seal or anything inbetween in terms of cost and complexity.
It's definitely engine oil. I assume the transmission and engine share the same oil. My only experience with bikes other than motocross is Ducati's. My Monster had a wet clutch and the cases shared the same oil so I assume it's engine oil leaking from that gasket on the transmission. The chain was bone dry. This bike had been sitting for awhile and even the tires were flat. It's like finding a nice picece of art in a old garage. I'll spend a day detailing it and fixing it up and she'll be good as new.

Anyone happen to know the part number for the cover that's rashed?

-NFA Review Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Al-

0090640 Cover, Phonic Wheel

You're better off grabbing one used on eBay but a new one from startwin is ?60 plus shipping

Last edited by Al-; 04-06-2015 at 02:14 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
0090640 Cover, Phonic Wheel

You're better off grabbing one used on eBay but a new one from startwin is ?60 plus shipping
Thanks! I found it with your info.

Also the inside of the headlight housing is pitted. The chome has specs in it and you can see plastic underneath. This is inside the glass on the reflective chrome plastic. Very strange. Like condensation got in and then ate the chrome off.

-NFA Review Channel
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 04:56 PM

New Site Garage
NFAReviewChannel,

A set of Sato engine case sliders would just about cover that damage up and protect it in future (both sides). The oil leak looks like the case has been taken off to fix the shifter spring and not had the gasket replaced or sealer put on. I'll post pics of the sliders later.

Cheers

Deano
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 07:57 PM

Oil leak is a easy fix, oil can also leak around the gear shifter seal around 10 bucks or less I picked one up from my local bearing and seal shop.or as Deano said .

Cheers eddy
Bargain
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Phonic wheel cover is pretty cheap part available from any MV dealer and maybe even from CAG's remaining stash (send him a PM)..... Lots of headlight's without glass out there. Only available as a complete unit and very pricey. When the glass falls out and breaks you have a good and useless inner on the shelf.

I may even have one from a headlight that got a cracked glass in a minor oops. I'll check and let you know.

The oil leak should be a piece of cake and inexpensive to fix.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 01:06 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFAReviewChannel View Post
Hi all!

I'm looking to buy a 2006 Brutale 910s with 5,000 miles on it and it has a small oil leak and the previous owner laid it down on his driveway (kickstand,oops) and I was wondering what the cost to replace this cover and to fix the oil leak would be. Thanks for any help.

Also I think the SPU was new because I took the right side cover plate off and the unit was all black. I didn't see blue anywhere. I test rode it and it ran great and smooth, no sputtering. It's 100% bone stock. The owner has a ton of other bikes so it's been sitting awhile and never gets ridden.

Sato Sliders
Attached Images

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 11:29 AM

I got the same sliders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode