A few more Newbi questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

A few more Newbi questions

1. Will a Pitbull front fork stand work on the Brutale, or do I need to buy the OEM front stand?

2. What slipper clutch do you recommend for the Brutale?

Last edited by Flat Spot; 12-31-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Established Member

It depends on the Pitbull and what you're planning to do. The Pitbull with the centerpin won't work because there isn't a hole in the steering stem. So you have to use something else if you're planning to remove the forks. The Pitbull that lifts below the axle will work for removing the front tire. But, instead of putting it below the axle, remove the brake calipers and lift under the brake caliper mounting brackets. It works for the 910S. I don't know about the 910R though.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Established Member

like he said, pitbull won't work for the front except the make-shift setup under the brake calipers. a pitbull rear stand under the brake calipers raises the front for wheel maintenance. if i need to do fork work, i hang the front part of the frame from the ceiling joists in my garage with a ratcheting tiedown strap. the other option is tall jack stands under the frame sliders (if you have them).

imho it was pretty stupid of them not to make a hole in the bottom triple clamp for a front stand.

slipper clutches are intended for two types of people: 1. racers trying to shave the last 0.2 seconds off lap times, and 2. riders who don't know how to shift properly. since i'm not in either category, i've no use for a slipper clutch and can't recommend anything.

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street

Last edited by ridesideways; 12-31-2007 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode