InvisiGARD Paint Protection - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

InvisiGARD Paint Protection

Have any of you install this clear paint protection on your bike? Are there different makes/qualities?
I'm tired of getting this little scraches (specially front fender ones) and was wondering about the results of using this. Maybe is just some clear sticker that you pay like gold because is cuted to size (I guess I can cut it myself).
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 10:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
if it s just a sticker and you get the dimensions right...you can go the easy path of going to any place with a plotter machine and they'll cut it for you...but i don t think it s just plain old stickers
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 11:30 AM

I've used a similar product in the past on of all things, a DH Mt. bike. I also had a "kit" that was for an 06 WRX STi I had, never installed it, then I sold the car. A number of people on the STi web site swore by it.
The stuff is usually mnfg by 3M and is a few mills thick. Not supposed to turn yellow either. Also supposed to be a bit of a pain in the A$$ to put on but should do the trick, it worked for the Mt. bike I had.
I have been thinking about doing it also. I am anal with the Brute and scratched drive me nut. Black shows all. Let me know, if you pull the trigger, how it works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
I have two little "brutale R" stickers for front fender.
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/8672.php

Lots of companies market this 3m product. Originally for aircraft application, I see adds in motorcycle magazine classifieds all the time. Make your own.
Here is a link to a company that specializes in this product for motorsports application:

http://www.iscracerstape.com/

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 12-29-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add link
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:16 PM

I bought one few months ago. A b*tch to install, IMHO. Couldn't completely get the bubbles out during install and the bubbles didn't just dissipate like what the instruction said... Maybe I'm just clumsy, I don't know. In hindsight I should have taken the kit to have the window tint people install it.
Beware though the Brutale kit from InvisiGard has limited coverage----nothing is covering the area on the sides of the tank around the intake, where I had a stone chip. I have yet to put on the "tank side left/right" because I don't think that area needs the "protection". Only put on one "pillion side" because the raised Brutale lettering made the finished fit very ugly--it doesn't stick close enough to the lettering so I just gave up putting up the other side. I couldn't get a good fit on the headlight one so I had to cut a big slit to make it fit better--not professional-looking finish. As for the "tank pad" I would stick with the stock MV's thick vinyl anyday so I didn't install....
However, if you still want to get that kit, I'd suggest you look for it on ebay because the company always put one up there--you can get a better price there!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 PM

I agree, I saw this kit years ago, but don't think it offers any worthwhile protection for the brutale.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:07 PM

I bough the all set a few month ago. It's still in the box. I'll try to put it on the bike for spring time and keep you inform.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 MV 350 S
'87 Honda XR 350
(sold)
'02 Yamaha TDM 900
(sold)
'05 Brutale 910S
'06 Triumph Daytona 675
'06 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Taste the MV side of life !
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

I better leave it...of course i want to protect butnot any price. It must look like nothing was on...otherways...f**ck it...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Try the helicopter tape...I have seen it used on a lot of race bikes and street bikes, and looks pretty good. Do it yourself, so you only place it where you want, and it comes off with no damage if you aren't happy.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode