E-Moto Rear Hugger Fitment Problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to t1n0m3n
E-Moto Rear Hugger Fitment Problem

I purchased a hugger from E-Moto.
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/pain.../rshugger1.htm

The problem is that when I put it on, it rubs the exhaust, and basically will not lay properly. Has anyone had this issue? Is there anything I can do to make it fit properly?

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s Silver/Red, Emoto Hugger
2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I ground off about 4mm on the plug that fits into the shock mount bolt. It was way too long to have been correct.... However. It still fits like crap.

2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:54 PM

I ground the edge that touched the muffler with a dremmel .

Tom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Established Member

Mine didnt fit on an F4 I placed zip end of zip tie between the hugger and the swing arm and it now clears the tyre which it rubbed on.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

hmm, ok, lemme see what I can do.

Performing surgery, brb.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

ok, it "fits" now. Thanks for the info. I wonder why they couldn't just make it to fit properly in the first place? Anyway, the mounting leaves a lot to be desired as well. I couldn't tighten any of the bolts without cracking the thing. Oh well, hopefully it will stay on. Looks sweet though.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 01:55 AM

I bought one from them about a year ago...just the same as yours...tried to fit it and had the same problem. Did the grounding on it so it finally fitted. Now...it was about one inch apart from the exhaust, and after the first ride, it totally bended because the heat of the exhaust (IT MELTED LIKE BUTTER)....contact them and told them about the problem and they told me to put some tape on it to put it to the original position. I really never did it...That was my last purchase from them, before that I spended quite a lot.
A few weeks ago I contact them back about this issue and now they are asking me about the order number of something I bought more than a year ago. C'mon!!! Who keeps a order number of something bought so long ago? I'm sorry...I'm not so foresighted.
I really think service in this company used to be the best around, even the emails where signed by a person (Geoff)...now is just another one on the net and the mails are just signed by the "sales department" ...Thank you "sales department" and merry chrismas.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I bought the MV Corse carbon hugger for my brutale. Fit was perfect and I have had no problems. Price was a bit more, but not that much. I figured with this key part, and the hassle of rear wheel removal to install, I wanted best quality.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM

I spent £180 on my hugger from emoto and the fit is crap to be honest. When the spring comes & all the crap is off the roads i'm taking it off.

I like the look of it off better than on. Never mind.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

EMoto: Why didnt you contact us? We could of told you how to install it!
Me: OK, tell me how to install it.

*Crickets chirp*

Exactly. These *magical* instructions should have been included in the shipment. Oh well, money possibly down the drain and lesson learned: Don't buy from E-Moto. Got it Chief. Next.

Edit: I say "possibly" because if the exhaust melts it, it will be going into the trash.

Last edited by t1n0m3n; 01-03-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode