Too soon for a Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Too soon for a Brutale?

Hi guys, I've been reading this great board for the past couple of days and I have to ask a question - I got my motocycle license 2 months ago so is it too soon to be wanting a 910R?

I've been practicing my skills on the 2008 1200 Low Sportster with no problems so far. Hubby is getting a Ducati Monster S4R S soon and was going to get me the 695 if I wanted it. It was alright but when I sat on the 910R just for the heck of it, well it fit me like a glove and it is a lot more sexy looking than the Duc.

It has more power than I will ever need as I have no desire to go 100 mph or even close (I made it to 45, might as well try for 65 ). Hubby has no problem in me going for the 910 over the 695 since it has been proven with the Sportster that if I get the bike I like and comfortable on off the bat, then the enjoyment of learning is that much more. Actually, we would both be learning this type of riding together since his background is Harleys.

My only concern is the touchy trottle I have been reading about. We asked at the dealership yesterday and they confirmed it is fixable. In my thinking it should be fixed before we even give them the $$.

I would love to hear your advice and experiences. Mucho thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:17 AM

Welcome!

You will get people telling you to go for it, no doubt.

But the answer is no.

You don't have nearly enough experience, despite any level of maturity, responsibility, etc.

Get the 695, ride it for a year or three, put on lots of miles, do a few trackdays.

It's not only about you and your safety; You put others at rick when you ride a bike like that, without the knowledge to ride it safely.

Sorry, but those are the facts.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Good advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Welcome!

But the answer is no.

You don't have nearly enough experience, despite any level of maturity, responsibility, etc.

Get the 695, ride it for a year or three, put on lots of miles, do a few trackdays.

It's not only about you and your safety; You put others at rick when you ride a bike like that, without the knowledge to ride it safely.

Great Advice !!!!!!!!

Regardless if the bike's throttle has been fixed, this bike still deserves a load of "respect". If you've never had an Ass-Puckering experience on any other bike.....the 910 is one that will suprise you if you're not prepared/experienced for that unexpected situation.

Last edited by Ape2Agusta; 12-23-2007 at 11:38 AM.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Established Member

I concur. It is a bad idea.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Established Member

the brutale 910 is about the worst possible bike you could get due to the touchy throttle and your inexperience. one little moment of indecisiveness during a slow speed turn and fubar-- you and your bike are gonna have something bad happen by accident in a hurry.

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 12:21 PM

I have found but one thing in this life which can please all five senses simultaneously, that being the love of a woman. Before the Brutale I considered a steak dinner followed by a fine cognac and tobacco to be the closest thing to it.

Taste? you ask....FEAR!

It's my 6th bike in 11 years moving up from v-twin cruiser thru v4 touring to naked sport. Avg. 15,000 mi. per. Been down twice, 1st and last. I'm still not ready for her but like the aforementioned pleasures a test ride left me filled with desire for more.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Welcome!

But the answer is no.

I totaly agree !

Welcome on board RebelRider !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'72 MV 350 S
'87 Honda XR 350
(sold)
'02 Yamaha TDM 900
(sold)
'05 Brutale 910S
'06 Triumph Daytona 675
'06 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Taste the MV side of life !
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 12:47 PM

So far it's unanimous - very bad idea; it you don't hurt yourself you'll hurt the bike - and wait a long time to get it fixed or at the minimum scare yourself silly . Many bikes are cheap learners but good rides; the Suzuki SV650 in my favorite.

Tom
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I agree, way too much potential for disastor for the inexperienced rider. But I can understand the "fits like a glove" aspect.Try sitting on a bunch more bikes. You will find something that is more suitable for gaining experience and also fits well. Have you tried SV650 Suzuki? how about new Triumph Street Triple 675? For that matter, the small Ducati Monster. Kawasaki Versys? The new Aprilia Shiver? All of these bikes have plenty of performance and are less apt to get you in over your head as easily as the Brutale will (notice I didn't say 'can").

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode