MV Agusta Forum banner

Which crash protectors do you have?

6K views 47 replies 28 participants last post by  MihaSLO 
#1 ·
I know this has been debated many times, but I would like your opinion in this particular one from GSG. There are a few thing on it I don't like.

1. Don't you think is too short?
2. Will that metal base be a weapon to the chasis in stead of protecting it?

If you know of a better one I would like to know.

Thank you.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have LSL and it's a matter of opinion on what you like or don't like! If your going to crash you want to have the least amount of damage? So if they are ugly and work, "GREAT" If they are beutiful and work, "GREAT"! We won't know until we see the aftermath. I have pics of my LSL's in my album, which are being powder coated to match frame. :mouthwate

#5 ·
I would go with the ones fazer6 has. I had a set of the larger, single bolt type. Could be very VERY dangerous!! Costing me $3,000 to get my Brute fixed. Not sure if it was a design flaw or a bad day with the wrenches for me but it wasn't pretty. I followed the install instructions and torque they suggested. Went to recheck torque after some riding and some dyno work and the right side bolt wound up piercing the cylinder head. $3000 and about 2 1/5 months the bike has been waiting for the part. Not necessarily saying the product was at fault, maybe it was maybe it was me, maybe a little of both. Just be careful. Based on my experience, fazer6's or something like what Ferracci offers might be a better bet.

#7 ·
DemonBike said:
I would go with the ones fazer6 has. I had a set of the larger, single bolt type. Could be very VERY dangerous!! Costing me $3,000 to get my Brute fixed. Not sure if it was a design flaw or a bad day with the wrenches for me but it wasn't pretty. I followed the install instructions and torque they suggested. Went to recheck torque after some riding and some dyno work and the right side bolt wound up piercing the cylinder head. $3000 and about 2 1/5 months the bike has been waiting for the part. Not necessarily saying the product was at fault, maybe it was maybe it was me, maybe a little of both. Just be careful. Based on my experience, fazer6's or something like what Ferracci offers might be a better bet.
DemonBike, who's kit did you have a problem with? There's a few makers mentioned in this thread. Was the mounting bolt some how longer on one side than the other? Is it possible that it was some casting anomaly in the cylinder head paticular to you MV that caused the problem?

#13 ·
Looks like you are correct. I always thought they were TI. They look awsome, and I was told the race team uses them. I was trying to get them for months but the team used most of their supply. At least that is what I was told. If they use them thats good enough for me!

#17 ·
insider, I'd rather not say who's product I had issue with. Not fair to them, I haven't contacted them to raise issue about it. They were great to deal with on a few things I got from them and I haven't given them an op to dispute any claim of inferior quality/design. Again, I would be very careful what you select and maybe check with your dealer to see if they feel the design is acceptable and maybe even have them do the install. Trust me, it's gonna be a hard check to write.

#19 ·
dave h said:
I have the FBF ti sliders. They look awsome and are very low profile. Ferracci says they use them on their race bikes and work well.

I got these instead of the 'R' stock style ones:

though I think I got Ti. Seemed to have paid for Ti anyway.

I've seen the R ones in use. They did the job of protecting the frame in a drop.

#23 · (Edited)
FERROMAN said:
Let me show you this...after crashing with those 30km/h...no comment.
.... Are you serious? And those were Rizoma crash protectors? I can't see in the picture too well, but did it break off? Geezez. :banghead:

********* Edit: ok now I saw your thread about your crash. Damn sorry to hear that, and thanks for sharing the info. I just knew those things stick out a bit too much, and there appears to be enough leverage to break off!! :banghead: You should tell Rizoma about this!

#25 ·
Sig.Scuro said:
.... Are you serious? And those were Rizoma crash protectors? I can't see in the picture too well, but did it break off? Geezez. :banghead:

********* Edit: ok now I saw your thread about your crash. Damn sorry to hear that, and thanks for sharing the info. I just knew those things stick out a bit too much, and there appears to be enough leverage to break off!! :banghead: You should tell Rizoma about this!
Totally serious mate...I always thought the same (threy were too long) but I also thought people at Rizoma studied the product before they send it to sell...now I'm not sure about it.

Thanks for your support.

#26 ·
FERROMAN said:
I know this has been debated many times, but I would like your opinion in this particular one from GSG. There are a few thing on it I don't like.

1. Don't you think is too short?
2. Will that metal base be a weapon to the chasis in stead of protecting it?

If you know of a better one I would like to know.

Thank you.

I don't crash :f4: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.