My first week with Brutale 910 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

My first week with Brutale 910

Day 1. The bike felt like a pitbull spoiling for a fight. Power snapped on and off. Pegs at max width did not feel wide enough. Adjustments moved them higher making it even more cramped. 100km run keeping to the recommended 5,500rpm max. Constantly felt the need to change up even after reaching top. Mirrors were useless. Depression.
Day 2. Another 100km. Bit more use to the bike. But still the same problems. The headlights seems awfully dim for headlamp that looked so promising. Discovered I have been riding with a blown bulb.
Day 3. Bulb replaced. Another 100km. The roads brighter with working headlight. All other problems remained. Sigh.
Day 4. Ignore recommended 5,500rpm maximum. Hung on to the tank and bar to stop myself toppling backwards. Sound above 6,000rpm was something else. This is way beyond me. More gloom.
Day 5. Through some twisties then blasted it down open roads. Can't see myself opening past 9,000rpm in any gear. Bike does feels a whole lot smoother. Beginning to like the sound! Handling is remarkable. Allows me to ride beyond my ability. Worrying. 650km. Oil change.
Day 6. Lowered pegs, width decreased. Eased pressure on ankles. Wedged
tiny ball-bearing on the inner base of each mirror to tilt them outwards. Improved rearview. Clouds lifting.
Day 7. Opening up as much and as often as I can. Legal limit 90kpm. 8-9,000rpm max. Will never be able to use anywhere near it's maximum. Bike now smooth, power flows, handles faultlessly, got used to the pegs, love the sound. Looking forward to future rides.

Last edited by lean; 05-12-2006 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Too long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Heh, not exactly love at first site...but sounds like it's grown on you.

That bluish green fluid is almost certainly coolant. The MV has some funky blue coolant in it, I've never seen anything like it actually.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Thumbs up

It's true, these engines go into hyper-drive over 9000 rpm, what you tend to overlook is the fact that you are travelling at one hell of a pace to even get up to 9000 rpm, let alone take it to the rev limiter. The sound and the acceleration when you do is truly out of this world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:59 PM

Yup, like all good things, it needs work.

You will really start to build a relationship with this bike, it will get better and better, demanding? yes, civilised? Not always, boring?? NO!

I had to rotate my shifter all the way forward to get some toe room, much better now.

And yes, mine "burped" a little blue coolant on my driveway after the first hot hard ride. Just the overflow doing its thing.

Enjoy the ride!

John T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode