2006 Bru-R Chain/Light Cover/Hose kit/DC dealer ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

2006 Bru-R Chain/Light Cover/Hose kit/DC dealer ?

Hello everyone... I am a new member & getting a used 06 Br/r.
The bike I am getting is in TX, it has 3,000 miles & has ben sitting in a Harley Showroom, presumably for a while...

Questions: aside of a fluid change & new tires, I am told that a new hose kit is probably a good idea ? Thoughts ?
Where do I find a radiator guard ? How about good frame sliders for this model- I know it'll ruin the looks but better safe than sorry right ?

What is the deal with the chain tensioner? I hear of issues with over tensioned chains ? any pointers please ?

What do you do to prevent the front light cover from falling off ? ( that is so Italian btw...)

Finally: Would it be terribly gauche to change the exhaust pipes for something louder ?
Thank you everyone !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 05:33 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family......

Hoses should be fine, unless they are speaking of internal fuel tank vent hoses, those don't always fare well in ethanol gas.

The rear hub bearings are easily damaged by overly tightening the chain, or the pinch bolts on the swing arm. Lots of info on this subject. Bottom line: read the owner manual, measure the slack carefully ( more is better than less) and use a torque wrench on the pinch bolts to the lower value listed.

The headlight lens coming loose can be tested by giving a good tug on the upper or lower edge of the glass....and can be prevented by gluing it back on with something serious...again, lots of info on this subject.

The real gremlin with your new baby may be the Service Power Unit, or fuse/relay box. Notorious for malfunctioning in various ways. Ask the dealer to tell you what color the back side of the unit is. Good news is the newer units are trouble free....bad news is they're not cheap.

Have a read, check out Donsy's web site for the manuals.....enjoy.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 07:27 AM

There is a radiator guard fitted from factory if I'm not mistaken.
At least my bone stock third hand Brutie had one.
The MV Agusta Corse cans look like stock and are better sounding.
Best of course as a complete Ti set.
But than there is an abundance of aftermarket stubbies and headers on ebay for an example.
The exhaust swop will than likely need a new eprom or / and mapping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Welcome aboard the Forum........

Change all the lines in the tank and the fuel filter.....

Look to replace the POS plastic quick disconnects at the bottom of the tank

Ed mentioned the SPU if yours has a blue back find the updated part number in CAG's sticky

Carefully torque the swing arm pinch bolts to only 15lbft/20Nm........or you will be PMing me for bearings

I run a bit more play in the chain ~ 2mm ........over 28,000mi no stretch

Your valve cover will leak........RTV silicone to the rescue......

My '08 910R is the MOST reliable bike I've EVER owned it's burned out 2 low beams.......go figure.......only headlights that I ever burned out

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode