Hi from Canada! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Hi from Canada!

Brad here, looking at buying a Brutale 1078 if possible... since I hear that crossing the border into Canada can be a PITA. Had the same issues with trying to bring in a Factory Tuono in from the USA, so I bought the Factory Mille instead, even though the Tuono's are also sold up here (since'06). Also have a new '08 Hypermotard S. But I think the real deal is the Big Brutale. I have not stopped thinking about MV's since my eyes and hands first touched the F4 and Brutale 910 when I was at motorcorsa in Portland a few years back. Wow, beautiful machines. The only thing I wasn't pleased with on the 910 was that it felt a bit cramped for my 6'2" height, in the show room. I didn't get a chance to test ride because I knew they were on transport canada's go straight to jail list if caught at the border (all I want is to have really nice motorcycles in my garage that's all, I'm not a criminal ) The Tuono and the mille fit me great but I feel big on the Hyper so I hope that you tall guys are happy with the Brutales' cockpit. Now that the Brutale is bigger at 1078 and 150+hp I know I must have one. For the street, for the track and for the lust. Thanks for letting me hang out and pick your brains you lucky buggers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Welcome to the site, sorry to hear that canada can still be a PITA. Hopefully they'll open the flood gates soon. Keep us updated on your endeavors!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Established Member

Shouldn't be that big of a deal if you have all the necessary paperwork. I sold a Vette to a Canadian and he got right through customs. But he did have everything needed in hand.

'08 Brutale in Arrest Me Orange

1967 Suzuki X 6 Hustler

Ducati Monster 1000

White and Silver 2011 Victory Cross Country

1982 Kawasaki AR 80 with 51 actual miles

Orange 2011 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Established Member

When I imported my Brutale into Canada back in January 2006, the Registrar of Imported Vehicles List (www.riva.ca) included Ducatic/Cagiva, and since the Manufacturer is Cagiva USA, I got it in and all the paperwork done with no problem or delay. A month later, Transport Canada changed the list, by dropping the Cagiva, so since about Feb 2006, you cannot bring an MV into Canada unless it is 15 yrs old. I have also imported two vintage MV's with no issues at all.

At the Seattle M/C Show, I spoke with a Cagiva USA Rep who said that MV had sent one of every bike to Transport Canada for them to do the testing. He was hopeful that the process would be complete early next year, and was indicating that MV's may be on sale in Canada in the summer. I have been hearing the same thing for a couple of years now, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Anyway, the good news is that the process is underway.

When I imported mine, two other F4's came in at about the same time into British Columbia (a 750 and 1000). There are few around town, one I belive is riden by a US Citizen living up here and I think one is a "UBuild". I have not heard anyone being turned away at the border - Canada Customs don't do the eligibility check, they pass that off to RIV. I understand that RIV will not complete the paperwork and you wouldn't be able to plate it or insure it for riding - I don't think they impound it. I would like to hear from someone else who maybe didn't make it.

Cheers
JIM
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Banned

Welcome to the site "Bikesinmud" and some nice feedback from MV NV

must be the pits having the cash and unable to buy, hope it all works out soon
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:23 AM

Hi and welcome to this great forum!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 06:45 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome Aboard!

CAG
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Welcome!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Can't help you much about the getting your bikes into Canada, but WELCOME to the Forum!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesinmud
The only thing I wasn't pleased with on the 910 was that it felt a bit cramped for my 6'2" height, in the show room. The Tuono and the mille fit me great but I feel big on the Hyper so I hope that you tall guys are happy with the Brutales' cockpit. Now that the Brutale is bigger at 1078 and 150+hp I know I must have one.
I don't think the Brutale will be any bigger physically...just more displacement and HP. If you felt tight on the 910 you will likely feel the same on the 1078.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode