Buying one - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Talking Buying one

Hey everyone.

I'm a guy from Amsterdam/Holland and I currently own a Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce '07.
This bike is awesome, it goes 255km/u, has 123nm torque and has about 135hp on the rear wheel.
It has about 100nm torque on the back wheel, from 2000 rpm till 8000rpm (well.. almost)
(powercurve; http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list...487391#8487391)

I saw the upcoming Brutale 1078 and 989 and I must say.. they are beautifull!!!
So I am considering for 2008 to get a 1078 or 989.. perhaps...

So, since alot of Brutale owners come here, I have a couple of questions

1) Has anyone got a powercurve, I am very interested in the torque on low rpm... for example; if you are in 2nd gear and throtle 'at once' to 4000.. are then on your backwheel? or do you need to go to 5000 or 6000rpm?.
Basically, if someone could tell me about the power of this machine in low rpm.. i want to read it... (maybe it has less torque then the corsaro, but the corsaro is 200kg.. the brutale 185.. still its a change)

2) What are the options with luggage, so, if you want to have a little longer trip and you want to bring some stuff with you.. besides the tank-bag, is there something for on the back? the front? the sides?

3) How much does such an Arrow-pipe cost?.. and, in combination with a powercommander.. how many HP's and nm's are there to win?
can u tune it for a better torque and less hp?
has onyone changed their gear wheel size? (a bigger one on the backwheen for example for less topspeed but more acceleration)?
I'd like to know more about this.

4) How much does the 2007/2008 models drink? in europe the gas is pretty expensive so if anyone could tell me this?

5) why buy a 989 when you can have a 1078? anyone has a good answer to this?

6) how much can you trust these bikes? any people with ALOT of mileage on it? are there alot 'known' problems? how does it react on water/rain?

thanks in advance for all the answers...
In february or something I will plan a testdrive...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 05:50 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome to the Forum.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 AM

For me it does everything I want it to do, and more. It's certainly not a jack of all trades but man it's fun to ride fast. Try one out and see if you don't like it. But be honest with yourself, if you want luggage options, good mileage, low maintenance, and more, you might be looking in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearpixel
For me it does everything I want it to do, and more. It's certainly not a jack of all trades but man it's fun to ride fast. Try one out and see if you don't like it. But be honest with yourself, if you want luggage options, good mileage, low maintenance, and more, you might be looking in the wrong place.
+1

As for the 989 vs 1078, it seems it would really come down to looks, as the 1078 has slightly better performance for slightly more money.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 01:08 PM

Hi and Welcome to the world of MV !
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearpixel
if you want luggage options, good mileage, low maintenance, and more, you might be looking in the wrong place.
yeah but i'm just soo fund of italian bikes...
but I have to say, good mileage is very important, even if its is such an exclusive bike...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Established Member

One ride & you will be hooked. the noise, the handling, the design of the bike. I have a 910r & it is faster than I can think. the 1078 will be even more blisterring fast. As far as luggage, get a good backpack. Tumi makes some good stuff. As far as gas consumption, it wont matter to you as much once you have the bike. The Brutale gives you so much in return for drinking so much.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
thnx for the reactions all!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I average 31~34 mpg on my 910R. I use a Cortek tail bag that works well for me, but their matching side bags don't fit so good with the angular shape of the rear seat cowl. Take a look at my album for some pictures of the tail bag. As for gearing, if I made a change I would go 2 or 3 teeth smaller on the rear for lower rpm cruise and better mileage, as the accelleration is already way more then fast enough.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode