in sydney right now, no MV sightings yet.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

in sydney right now, no MV sightings yet....

with the amount of aussie people on this forum, i thought i would spot lots of MVs, but so far i only saw 1 gixxer and a duc S4R, saw lots of bikes parked along buildings which i think OZ dont have a theft problem and the city and surrounding areas is truly BEAUTIFUL!!! I would retire here, that good!!! But i didnt realize i speak perfect english till i got here, i couldnt understand much of what people is saying,....... unless i really stood my ear up and listen. hahaha. Im sure they find my engrish ghetto too. Great city, great time, and im gonna continue having fun here for 3 more days. No time to scope out any MV dealers, or people but i'll hollar if i see u !

Brutale910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Established Member

I just came back from vacationing for a week in Sydney. I agree, saw not a one Brutale. But I did manage to find a Ducati/MV Agusta dealer by chance. My wife and I were walking around lost and I spotted an F4 in the center display window from across the street. I went in and spoke with the salesman who was too busy polishing the Ducatis to give a yank the time of day. Oh, well. Sydney is gorgeous city nonetheless.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Don't worry mate, the salesmen don't give us locals the time of the day either Either that or they don't know what they're talking about anyway. Just speaking from experience..

But yeah wouldn't expect to see many MV's driving around the cities, more likely to spot one if you go and hang out at a bike haunt near some good roads on a weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
G'day John.

We in Sydney all thank you for bringing the rain with you! We are in dire need of some, so we won't complain.

Not many people I know would ride their Duc's or MV's into the city, you need to travel about 20 minutes into the 'burbs.
I live 40 minutes from the city centre on acreage and the country is 5 mins away, this is where you will see them at the coffee stops around the country roads.
See if you can get the time to travel out of the city, North, South or West and you will enjoy it for sure.

As for dealers, there are only a few in Sydney all out of the city except for one, but it is pretty wanky!

Enjoy your stay, we are all voting today for a new PM, so the city may be a bit weird over the next few days.

As for accents, mate I can't understand us halve the time. Just relax, and enjoy we are pretty casual down here. And just call every one mate, and you will get by just fine!

Catchalater, havagoodwegend!

MVA Sydney
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

yea mate, u really do have a great city!! i would love to live there if i have enough money not to do anything any more. I was there for the election, but no special feeling and the fireworks for austrillian idol when i just happen to sit in hyatt at the edge of the harbor, perfect trip!! And what rain??! compared to what we having, thats nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVASyd
G'day John.

We in Sydney all thank you for bringing the rain with you! We are in dire need of some, so we won't complain.

Not many people I know would ride their Duc's or MV's into the city, you need to travel about 20 minutes into the 'burbs.
I live 40 minutes from the city centre on acreage and the country is 5 mins away, this is where you will see them at the coffee stops around the country roads.
See if you can get the time to travel out of the city, North, South or West and you will enjoy it for sure.

As for dealers, there are only a few in Sydney all out of the city except for one, but it is pretty wanky!

Enjoy your stay, we are all voting today for a new PM, so the city may be a bit weird over the next few days.

As for accents, mate I can't understand us halve the time. Just relax, and enjoy we are pretty casual down here. And just call every one mate, and you will get by just fine!

Catchalater, havagoodwegend!

Brutale910
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:49 AM

Yeah; you don't see too many in the city, but there are a few. When I was working, I used to wander around the favorite bike parking haunts to see what bikes were there, and I saw very few MV's; but lots of Ducs (mainly monsters).
I've seen a few on the popular rides, and the first time i sat on one was when a kind fellow gve me a lift to a service station (gas station) when I ran out of fuel. If you went on a trip to Wollombi (north of Sydney) you might see some at the pub, lunch time Saturday.
I'll be going over the mountaind on the weekend, weather permitting.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 AM

John mate, hire a bike and to the hills! The Old Road/Old Pacific highway is the place to be on the weekend, guaranteed to see an MV there. Head to Road Warriors' cafe

BTW there aren't too many MV dealers in the city, Scooterino being one on William St (next door to the Ferrari dealer) and then there's one in Chatswood. The only other dealer is in the burbs...

Anyhow, enjoy Sydney and be sure to post photos if you catch any MVs!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

only bike dealer i saw was Action, i think.

Did i say the city was beautiful ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beearch
John mate, hire a bike and to the hills! The Old Road/Old Pacific highway is the place to be on the weekend, guaranteed to see an MV there. Head to Road Warriors' cafe

BTW there aren't too many MV dealers in the city, Scooterino being one on William St (next door to the Ferrari dealer) and then there's one in Chatswood. The only other dealer is in the burbs...

Anyhow, enjoy Sydney and be sure to post photos if you catch any MVs!!

Brutale910
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 AM

Action motorcycles still have a 910S (06 model I thik) on their floor (slight shop damage), but they wouldn't come to any sensible deal when I approached them (I bought my 910R for a lot less than they wanted for the S). They have now moved away from MV to Cagiva, but the MV is still there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode