I got a sickness. Brutale 1078 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

I got a sickness. Brutale 1078

There I was driving down the road in my work truck. Minding my own business, when this red and black Brutale rides by. Accidentally I catch it in the corner of my eye. I tried to look away but my head snapped back. I stayed close for about 30 or 40 seconds. That's all it took. Now I have a sickness. It's eating on my mind 24/7. I can't get it outa my mind. I started going through all my old magazines for anything about Brutale's.

I never wanted one before. 750's are too dinky. 910's got my attention though. But now a 1078. God help me. I gotta have one. I can't live without it.

My sons Speed Triple is soon to be going on hard times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard. You have been lurking here a while, huh? You will love the Brutale. You will feel the same way about it when it is in your garage as you do now.

CAG
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG
Welcome aboard. You have been lurking here a while, huh? You will love the Brutale. You will feel the same way about it when it is in your garage as you do now.

CAG
Yes, I'm sure I will. I just hope the other bikes will learn to get along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:12 PM

Welcome

But please don't call my 750 dinky--Meet me at the track, or your favorite canyon, and if you beat me, then you can call it dinky.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Dinky 750? Not how I'd describe it as I quite like the 750. It is what it is--fast, fun and furious, and can be domesticated for city use. I'd love to talk cock over engine size, blah, blah...but I'd rather the bike speak for itself, if you know what I mean.

Now the big brute is of course a very interesting proposition. Could be a nice ride or simply an ego trip. Who's to say until we get the first ride reports...from you maybe?
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 PM

yeah, and my 910 has scared plenty of real liter bikes out their socks, too.

Time is a delusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 02:07 AM

Brute 750's ridden properly eat speed triples for breakfast!

I would love a ride of a 1078 just to see.. but I think it's overkill for a naked.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I didn't mean any disrespect to the 750's. Any bike with 105HP is very fast, like someone said, if ridden properly.

As far as beating a Speed triple, I doubt it. Speed triples have 120 RWHP and more importantly 70 ft lbs of torque. Even a 910 only has 65 ft lbs, and about the same HP.

I'm expecting a 1078 to have at least 135 RWHP or more, and hopefully at least 70 ft lbs. That ought to be enough to to tell a Speed triple to shut the f up.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biknut
I didn't mean any disrespect to the 750's. Any bike with 105HP is very fast, like someone said, if ridden properly.

As far as beating a Speed triple, I doubt it. Speed triples have 120 RWHP and more importantly 70 ft lbs of torque. Even a 910 only has 65 ft lbs, and about the same HP.

I'm expecting a 1078 to have at least 135 RWHP or more, and hopefully at least 70 ft lbs. That ought to be enough to to tell a Speed triple to shut the f up.
Hmm...Well, if you're drag racing, maybe the speed triple will out-run my 'lowly' 750 (though rwhp is a bit higher than 105), but handling is FAR superior on the MV--it's really no comparison. Ride one and you won't be dissapointed.

Really, the 910's aren't much if any faster than the 750's, just a little more tractable on the street, due to more torque and slower revving (reaching peak power at a lower rpm).

I'm expecting the difference btwn the 910 and the 1078 to be about the same--a slower revving, slightly torquier motor.
The only reasons I can see to get the 1078 over the 989 is for the monoblocks, slipper clutch and lighter wheels.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Welcome

But please don't call my 750 dinky--Meet me at the track, or your favorite canyon, and if you beat me, then you can call it dinky.
Quite right. If you can't make the little ones dance, you can't make the big ones dance. If you *can* make the little ones dance, you don't need a big one.

See also: emmvee's sig line.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode