Is anyone else thinking "F#*k me, how much BHP!" - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Cool Is anyone else thinking "F#*k me, how much BHP!"

My Brutale 750S is fast & has no real probs mixing it with larger capacity bikes - but these new Brutales with massive bhp figures & larger CC's scare the shit out of me. My head can't compute a Brute with another 50 or so horsepower.

Mind you i've already been to see the bank manager to beg for some more money to get one. Jeeze, i need a drink!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:58 AM

lol, i was talking about this the other day with a guy from work. I remember back in eighties the car i used to love was a Ford Capri! it was proper fast back then and was known as a wide boys car. the thought of that sort of power in a car then, for me, was awesome. It had 138 hp! seriously one hundred and thirty eight. in an absolute lump of a car. Now i have a bike, which has a further 20brake. the thought of that then, would have been inconcievable!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Quite frankly I wish the made a 750cc version of the 910R look. I certainly don't need 140HP or 910cc ...even less 989cc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM

Yeah - me. Seriously my 910s is completely mad - mind boggling fast - I cannot bigin to imagine the power of the 1078.

Maybe it comes with some kind of electronic TC?

Didn't CC once say that MV put an F4 1000 engine in the Brute frame and 'it was too much' ? So what's different now?
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Established Member

To CC's defense, the "too much" argument has been around a long time. I remember when the Honda CBX came out with 103HP at the crank... the mags were saying it was too much and if the manufacturers didn't refrain from this lunacy the govt would put a stop to it. When the XX came out with its 165hp at the crank, it was the same thing.

The difference was CC made the statement before building the bike and the mag editors made it after the bikes were built. But, more importantly, riders adapted to these bikes with "too much" and have continued to demand more.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 12:13 PM

the 1078 is only claiming an extra 10hp at the crank, so maybe 5 more at the wheel.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Established Member

All these extra horses will be a good exercise in throttle-modulation...
I admit, I'm a hp-junkie. And anyway, who said you have to use them all?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:14 PM

I dont mind few extras.. ...might be difficult to use them all in road ..but in nice track..wau

mike21

Starfighter Titanium R
Ducati 998S

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Established Member

Philly, funny you should bring this up. I was just thinking yesterday where to hang the Nitrous bottle on the Brute.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanin
To CC's defense, the "too much" argument has been around a long time. I remember when the Honda CBX came out with 103HP at the crank... the mags were saying it was too much and if the manufacturers didn't refrain from this lunacy the govt would put a stop to it. When the XX came out with its 165hp at the crank, it was the same thing.

The difference was CC made the statement before building the bike and the mag editors made it after the bikes were built. But, more importantly, riders adapted to these bikes with "too much" and have continued to demand more.
Can't speak for the others but what I meant is that 140hp is too much for me. The cc's are fine but I'd take a big engine that produces less hp and more torque (like the Yamaha MT-01) instead ...but that's just me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode