2008 Brutale Arrow Thunder Exhaust (O2 Sensor) question..... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

2008 Brutale Arrow Thunder Exhaust (O2 Sensor) question.....

Cheers All,

This question is specific to 2008 910 Brutale owner with the O2 Sensor issue.

Has anyone on this site "actually" installed the full Arrow Thunder (shorty can with new Arrow header and midpipes) system on their 2008 Brute?

Did you get a new ECU (trade-in stock to FBF) reflashed to not recognize the O2 sensor? This about $500 to $700 depending who you speak with at Ferracci.

Or, did you drill a hole in the mid-pipe (do some minor welding) and then screw back in the O2 sensor...and go from there? I spoke with Greg at Arrow in Vegas and he mentioned that Arrow (Italy) will not be producing Thunder midpipes with drilled holes (for O2)...however, holes will be drilled for the Arrow stack exhaust....and the stacks are selling less vs. the Thunder in the US.

Anyone? Maybe I'm going to be the first for the 08 Brute and Arrow Full Shorty???...I've noticed others doing this with the full Corsa Ti exhaust and the FBF or MV race ecu.

Thx,

J

Last edited by Ape2Agusta; 11-14-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM

I have the new o7 (uk) 910R ,i had the 06 headers and midpipe fitted and they had to get a new ECU and fit,and it runs a lot better than the 06.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heno42666
I have the new o7 (uk) 910R ,i had the 06 headers and midpipe fitted and they had to get a new ECU and fit,and it runs a lot better than the 06.
Thanks for the input.

Problem solved......spoke with Eraldo Ferracci this morning. Very nice, informative and supportive.

For the US 08 Brutales with O2 Sensors, you can exchange your stock ecu for the FBF ecu (for a price). Eraldo mentioned the FBF ecu will not recognize the O2 sensor and will be mapped for the Arrow Full Thunder system and all electronics will work correctly. He mentioned doing a number of these specific exhaust systems already. Eraldo is claiming between 10 and 15 extra ponies added to the Brute with this setup.

Will have the setup in about 2 weeks. and can't wait.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 AM
John, how did this turn out? I am thinking of getting a 2008 910R and I want to get the short exhaust as well. Did you get a high performance air filter as well?

-Brian
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Motovation has the Arrow Thunder with the slightly longer midpipe that now have a O2 sensor port installed. So they work fine for the 08 bikes but you will have to get the Arrow headers as well because the 08 bikes have the headers and the cat as one unit I believe. Recommended to install a PC3 to get the most out of what is technically a full system.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Here's what I did

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16447

Not the Shorty, but same idea. I didn't have to retune and my bike runs fantastic, but I did have to reinstall the dB killers (more socially responsible, too). I know I will get better power with dB killers out but removing them means the fuel trim will need to be reset. So I'll do that later.

PC III will not work on latest Euro 3 spec ECU with oxygen sensor.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 09:03 PM

I have all my bike pipes fitted with an 18mm bung for using my Wideband Commander. You can get any muffler shop to install one and either stick an old spark plug or a simple plug you can get at almost any outo parts store. The muffler shop may even have the plugs with a copper gasket. You can usually find the plugs in the oil drain plug section at auto parts stores.
I plug mine because once I get the A/F set with the Wideband Commander, I remove it because it's not needed anymore.
Dale McClure
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post

PC III will not work on latest Euro 3 spec ECU with oxygen sensor.
Cool! Learning something new every day. This forum is great!

Thanks!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 01:19 PM

But the Wideband Commander WILL work and that's what is important. If you don't know your air/fuel, everything else is just guessing.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhevans View Post
John, how did this turn out? I am thinking of getting a 2008 910R and I want to get the short exhaust as well. Did you get a high performance air filter as well?

-Brian
Dick!

2007 F41000R
2010 Ducati SF
2008 MV Brutale 910 S
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
2006 Triumph Speed Triple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode