ok, is the 154hp rear wheel HP or crank HP on the new 1078????!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

ok, is the 154hp rear wheel HP or crank HP on the new 1078????!!!

im sure nobody here knows, because i searched. But if the 1078 in the Brute is the same as the one in the F4, then shouldnt it be more than 154 at the crank. Should be something like 180 HP!!!??!!!??
154 sound too conservative for 1078c.c.

Brutale910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:10 PM

Cams?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 AM

New Site Garage
yes all brutales have more moderate cams for more midrange torque and less peaky power!
thats why the difference

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Established Member

Guaranteed it's crank HP. it's moderated from the F4 (and other 1100cc I4 SS engines) because the camshafts for the Brutale are selected for optimum midrange power, rather top-end peak power.

BTW, I wouldn't have it any other way! Top-end peak HP is useless on the street.

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM

I looked into this when I first bought my 910R, and the cam spec's from the 1000s are almost identical if I'm not mistaken. If they are only claiming 154hp, that piss poor put of 1078cc's.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

really???!!!!! then WOW!! i hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigiolino
154hp rear wheel HP
pier

Brutale910
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
If they are only claiming 154hp, that piss poor put of 1078cc's.
Hardly. Depends what the entire power curve looks like. Peak power by itself is pretty meaningless since it's impossible to ride at the peak for more than a moment unless... a) you're content maintaining a constant speed or b) you've got a 24 speed transmission. The rest of the curve matters. A lot. I'll take a flat 145 over 160HP worth of spike any day. Hell, even Mick Doohan couldn't ride that stuff without maiming himself.

Obviously they could have gotten more peak HP out of that many cc's as they currently get more out of less. On a bike like the Brutale a wide and fat power curve is what they were after. For obvious reasons.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
Hardly. Depends what the entire power curve looks like. Peak power by itself is pretty meaningless since it's impossible to ride at the peak for more than a moment unless... a) you're content maintaining a constant speed or b) you've got a 24 speed transmission. The rest of the curve matters. A lot. I'll take a flat 145 over 160HP worth of spike any day. Hell, even Mick Doohan couldn't ride that stuff without maiming himself.

Obviously they could have gotten more peak HP out of that many cc's as they currently get more out of less. On a bike like the Brutale a wide and fat power curve is what they were after. For obvious reasons.
You missed my point. With that many CC's on hand, a healty, flat, and tractable curve should be more than attainable, along with a screaming top end. I still think 154hp is a little embarassing from that size engine in an inline 4 configuration, especially when ducati is pulling similar #'s out of a twin.

This arguement as to what you are actually going to use always cracks me up, what the hell does it matter if I ever reach my motocycle's limits or not? I didnt buy my 910R beacuse I knew I would use it to its fullest potential , its part of the fun to have more than I need.....no one NEEDS a $20K sportbike, but here we are.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 AM

MV have never quoted 'wheel hp' before so why would they start now? the 1078 F4 is quoted at 190 hp at the crank, if that was 'wheel hp' as well the crank figure would be around the 225 mark

wheel hp's are very hard to repeat from bike to bike, the figure will be crank hp from an engine dyno.
Attached Images

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode