Another New Brute Owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Another New Brute Owner

Just picked up my new Orange/Black 910s last Friday night at GP Motorcycles (so far the only one of this color in San Diego) after almost 2 months of holding on deposit while broken hand was healing.

At first, I was going ehhhhhhh wtf did I do wrong? Did I make a mistake getting this bike? .... thinking this while riding it home. Felt like I was bouncing and jerking all over the highway and no throttle control.

Well, after 4 days of riding and 400 miles later, I'm feeling the motor loosen up. The throttle jerkiness is seeming to become much smoother now vs. fresh off the showroom floor....or, maybe I'm becoming used to the Screaming Brute after riding Aprilia and Ducati twins since beginning to ride. I've crammed a 2lb bag of lead shot in the bars (big improvement for the recent twice broken right hand) to dampen vibration. Suspension tuning is next...the bike is way too stiff and chattery from the factory. Full exhaust (Arrow Stubby) is already ordered.....German at GP is waiting to tune this beeeeeeyotch to more insanity.

Basically, all new things take getting used to, especially the Brute....this bike is unique, the ultimate f you "streetfighter" and it just has "this thing" about it....it is an absolute blast and I now would not consider any other naked streetfighter. The Brute is the ultimate hooligan bike....I feel like I'm on a supermoto that has been jacked up on vials of steroids. It's a tight, compact and extremely nimble rocket with a very unique "TONE OF ANGER" demanding to be released. I CAN'T WAIT TO PUT THE BRUTE ON STREETS OF WILLOW!

The Brute does take time getting used to...but not long.
I'm grinnin ear to ear...and right now, I could give a sh*t less about twins.
Now I can actually say I also enjoy commuting to work.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by Ape2Agusta; 11-07-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Yeah APE, I had the same experience going from a Monster to a Brutale. You have to "'retune " your brain. It takes some time but is worth it. Spend the time to get your suspension dialled in tio you and your riding style, then grab it by the scruff of the neck and give it a good thrashing, it will laugh at you

enjoy, fellow lunatic!

MVA Sydney
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape2Agusta
Just picked up my new Orange/Black 910s last Friday night at GP Motorcycles (so far the only one of this color in San Diego) after almost 2 months of holding on deposit while broken hand was healing.

At first, I was going ehhhhhhh wtf did I do wrong? Did I make a mistake getting this bike? .... thinking this while riding it home. Felt like I was bouncing and jerking all over the highway and no throttle control.

Well, after 4 days of riding and 400 miles later, I'm feeling the motor loosen up. The throttle jerkiness is seeming to become much smoother now vs. fresh off the showroom floor....or, maybe I'm becoming used to the Screaming Brute after riding Aprilia and Ducati twins since beginning to ride. I've crammed a 2lb bag of lead shot in the bars (big improvement for the recent twice broken right hand) to dampen vibration. Suspension tuning is next...the bike is way too stiff and chattery from the factory. Full exhaust (Arrow Stubby) is already ordered.....German at GP is waiting to tune this beeeeeeyotch to more insanity.

Basically, all new things take getting used to, especially the Brute....this bike is unique, the ultimate f you "streetfighter" and it just has "this thing" about it....it is an absolute blast and I now would not consider any other naked streetfighter. The Brute is the ultimate hooligan bike....I feel like I'm on a supermoto that has been jacked up on vials of steroids. It's a tight, compact and extremely nimble rocket with a very unique "TONE OF ANGER" demanding to be released. I CAN'T WAIT TO PUT THE BRUTE ON STREETS OF WILLOW!

The Brute does take time getting used to...but not long.
I'm grinnin ear to ear...and right now, I could give a sh*t less about twins.
Now I can actually say I also enjoy commuting to work.

Cheers,
John
Welcome Ape Man....I hope you enjoy the forum.

Throttle response on the Brutie is certainly unique. It does take some getting used to. My dealer recommended removing one of the throttle return springs to reduce twitchiness (easily done, and easily reverseable). I have not done this personally, as I am used to the action of the throttle, but you might talk to your dealer and others on this forum and get their opinion. Comments, guys?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Established Member

Congrats on the new bike and glad you like it. The suspension loosens a bit as it breaks in also. I spent a few minutes adjusing the suspension and am now pleased with it.

BTW Removing the return spring is simple and takes about 5 seconds. There's a thread with a picture on this site that shows the spring...its on the left side of the bike just below the "CRC".

The Brutes are a little nasty and raw and aren't for everyone, but, for some of us, there's nothing like it!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa
Welcome Ape Man....I hope you enjoy the forum.

Throttle response on the Brutie is certainly unique. It does take some getting used to. My dealer recommended removing one of the throttle return springs to reduce twitchiness (easily done, and easily reverseable). I have not done this personally, as I am used to the action of the throttle, but you might talk to your dealer and others on this forum and get their opinion. Comments, guys?
Congratulations!

On spring removal... if your world consists of straight roads or all the pavement is billiard smooth you'll be OK by taking off a spring. But in steep canyons, uphills/down, pavement changes one spring combined with a little bump can make things VERY interesting...

First break in the bike then check tuning (CO, TPS, etc.) as it can make a difference in throttle smoothness. Replacement chip or Power Commander (depending on your bike's system) can help immensely to get around the emissions flat spot.

Tune your suspension for your weight. Makes a HUGE difference in comfort and carries over into throttle response, too, since the bike is more stable and your upper body and hence, your wrist, aren't over-reacting to conditions.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...

Last edited by emmvee; 11-07-2007 at 08:20 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 AM

Congrats!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Ape,
First off congrats on the new mv.
I saw your bike last week next to josh's desk. A truly beautiful machine..
I purchased mine a few months back and now have 7500 miles on it. The bike is only getting smoother. I also would like to note that it has been 100percent trouble free. I think the gp guys do a great job with bike prep....see you on the streets of Diego!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfox
Ape,
First off congrats on the new mv.
I saw your bike last week next to josh's desk. A truly beautiful machine..
I purchased mine a few months back and now have 7500 miles on it. The bike is only getting smoother. I also would like to note that it has been 100percent trouble free. I think the gp guys do a great job with bike prep....see you on the streets of Diego!!

Thx Fellas!....and also for the bike tricks and tips.

Yo JFox....Josh and I were talking about starting a San Diego Brute Club (if one hasn't been started yet). I'm curious to know the number of Brute owners in SD. Another fella, rolled out Saturday with the Black r at GP. Guess the only one left is the Red/Silver.

Cheers and safe (but insane) riding
John
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:44 PM

I would be very interested in an mv "club". Either way lets hook up for a ride. pm any time.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 07:53 PM

Another Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape2Agusta
Thx Fellas!....and also for the bike tricks and tips.

Yo JFox....Josh and I were talking about starting a San Diego Brute Club (if one hasn't been started yet). I'm curious to know the number of Brute owners in SD. Another fella, rolled out Saturday with the Black r at GP. Guess the only one left is the Red/Silver.
John
Actually, I picked up the white/black one the next Saturday. I only have 300 miles on mine, but I'm already finding it smoother. I'd owned a 750s prior to my last bike (999), so I knew what to expect. Personally, I don't care for the silver wheels, but your orange bike w/black rims looked great - if I'd known that combo was available I might've gone for the S after all.

I'd also be interested in a San Diego Brutale club - let me know if you'd like to start one. Josh has my contact info, and congratulations - I hope your hand heals quickly.

'08 910R
'11 Husaberg FS570
'05 Lotus Elise

Bike History: '64 CL72 Scrambler, '65 Bonneville, '69 TR6, Yamaha 360 RT1, '72 Rickman Weslake 500, '82 Yamaha 550 Vision, '83 Eddie Lawson Replica, '85 900 Ninja, '86 GSXR1100, '91 GSXR750, '95 CBR900, Triumph TR595, TL1000S, Ducati 748 Mono, '95 KTM Duke, CBR929, '01 Aprilia RSVR, '01 KTM Duke II, Monster S4R, Husqvarna 450SMR, Brutale 750, Ducati 999 Mono, Husaberg FS650e

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode