Physical Size: '06+ GSXR1000 vs. 910 Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Question Physical Size: '06+ GSXR1000 vs. 910 Brutale

I've heard and read that the 06 GSXR1000 is physically smaller than a lot of it's sportbike brethren...almost a 9/10 size. I've also heard the Brutale is about a 9/10 size, which seems about right to me. Can anybody comment on the GSXR? How about the GSXR compared to the Brutale? Thanks.

'06 910S
'06 950 Adv
'04 ZX-10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 PM

Why don't u go sit on a GSXR and you'll have your answer?

Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Gsxr is not that small, if you want to see a real 9/10 bike its the R6. Brutale looks small but its fairly comfortable, gsxr 1000 is also a good size bike and pretty comfortable for a 1000 cc race bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:54 AM

Gixer K5/6

Hi ,I have a K6 and am looking at a Brutale.
Re size, the Gixer is easily lowered, by 'dog bones', off e-bay,if height is an issue, I believe one can shorten the turnbarrel link in the Brutale rear suspension,but not 100% sure by how much.
The Suzuki is 166 KG dry versus the Brutales approx 185 KG.
Definately more 'bulk' to the gixer but light!
. You certainly need to ride both!!
The Brutale has 'looks', to die for and the engineering, wow!
However very different bikes,Gixer has a comfortable ride on undulating roads and mega power. Much higher geared.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer2Go
I've heard and read that the 06 GSXR1000 is physically smaller than a lot of it's sportbike brethren....
I was recently in my local main stream bike shop, ie not the MV dealer - to buy a new set of Dainese leathers. Once I had selected my purchase the salesman suggested I should try my leathers for fit sitting on a sport bike. The nearest comparison in the shop to my MV was a new GSXR1000. It was the first time I had sat on one and it struck me imediately that the GSXR is definitely smaller than my F4.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1
Why don't u go sit on a GSXR and you'll have your answer?

Dave
Why didn't I think of that?!? There's a Suzuki dealership a few miles from here...guess I'll go find out!

'06 910S
'06 950 Adv
'04 ZX-10R
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Established Member

The '05-'06 gsxr 1K is small...don't know about the 07-08. I think the seat is a little lower on the gsxr. BTW Its actually lower than an r6 seat. The seat-to-peg relationship is a little tighter on the gsxr than the Brutale. But the seat to bars is tighter on the Brutale. The passenger seat on the Brutale is further forward and prevents scooting back so the riding comparment is smaller on the Brutale. The gsxr feels small, but, the Brutale feels tiny.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:52 AM

dont know what kind of comparison is this, but im 5'10 and i had a k6 and now a 910, both fit me like a glove and the k6 is especially nice, at a stop light, i feel like my knees can touch the floor, it is THAT low STOCK, while i raise the 910 to the max and lower the foot pegs to its lowest position so my legs would be comfy. Both extrmemly comfortable bikes and confident inspiring. I never feel they are small bikes, but i admit im intimidated by busas, kawy 1400, or bigger bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zixxer2Go
I've heard and read that the 06 GSXR1000 is physically smaller than a lot of it's sportbike brethren...almost a 9/10 size. I've also heard the Brutale is about a 9/10 size, which seems about right to me. Can anybody comment on the GSXR? How about the GSXR compared to the Brutale? Thanks.

Brutale910
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 PM

It's the narrows....

I'm 6' 1" and have a K6 750 and a Brutale S--I also throw a BMW GSA around... I track the GSXR, so I'm always either tucked or half off the bike. The biggest differences that I see... As stated above, the Brutale forces a more upright position because of the passenger seat. The tank on the Brutale is much more narrow that the GSXR, which widens significantly forward. The stock pegs on the Brutale are an abomination, I never feel confident regarding my outside foot for exit weighting. GSXR stock pegs are much better in that respect.

The power delivery is radically different... Where the Brutale seems to explode and scream, the GSXR is more of an intense vacuum drawing you forward at hyperspeed. I think the GSXR is more comfortable to the wrists for intense twisty riding... The angle of the Brutale bars combined leaves the wrists at awkard angles--and again, those damned pegs!

GSXR is VERY confidence inspiring planted and predictable--smoothe, it will easily draw you out. Brakes are brilliant on both... I prefer the feel of the GSXR Tonico's to the Brutale 6-pot Nissins. I cannot speak to suspension on the GSXR--have Ohlins 25M fork inserts on mine and Scotts Dampner... That setup is "THE BOMB!"...

The Brute FEELS fast, the GSXR oozes smooth... Both bikes are more comfortable than the Daytona 675... But neither matches it for combined power delivery and precision handling. Visibility is obviously better on the Brutale. Suzuki mirrors, from what I recall were barely OK, at best--due to the crouched riding position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode