Considering buying a 910R in the Spring - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Talking Considering buying a 910R in the Spring

Hi,
I will hopefully be joining you as a fellow Brutale owner in the Spring. I just had a few questions I was hoping you all could help me with.

What should I expect to pay for a new 2007 (if I can find a left over) or a 2008? I saw the MSRP but I was wondering what people realistically paid for their bikes.

Are there any common problems to these bikes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love the site by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
My dealer has a 2007 demo black 910R with the Corse pipes and Eprom installed. He'll sell it for a little discount. He also has an Orange 2008 910S trade-in with 200 miles and like new that you could pick up at a good price. But a new 2008....I didn't get much off MSRP on mine. Some toss ins, like tire/wheel insurance at cost, and discounted accessories...but the sales manager had the hook firmly set in my mouth after I took a test ride. I didn't argue much on price after that. I am a happy boy, no regrets on what I paid, and my dealer takes very good care of me.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
When you say a little discount what do you think he want's? I am really trying to get a realistic grasp of what I will need to spend. I'm getting ready to sell my Fireblade and my other 750 to start saving so I can put $10,000 down (hopefully).

Thank you by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
I should have also asked this earlier but is it common to pay retail for these bikes?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I really don't know..... email Mark (the sales manager) at [email protected] and ask him.

Don't tell him I sent you....he'll ask more.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Thank you. I will do. In the meantime, I am still open to advice.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
As has been pointed out, like a waiter or a bartender, a dealer needs to be treated well to provide you with good service. You do not say where you are from. If you are not from where the sun keeps you warm all year, then the best deal would be to buy the bike in the fall. In the spring it is hard to get a discount on a Honda, Suzuki, or Yamaha, let alone an exotic bike for which there are few dealers. You will also be charged a shipping and set up fee on top of the MSRP. An 07 R includes the corse pipe and chip while an 08 does not. As a result the MSRP on an 07 is higher than an 08, so you will likely pay more. Like automobiles, there is very little profit in the bikes themselves. Dealers make their money on service, parts, and accessories. So to get a deep discount, you have to want something that the manufacturer also wants to move and as a result offers an additional incentive to the dealer. A little over a month ago, my up north dealer offered me a new 06 910S for about 12K which was a really good deal. He was going to need to order it, so he was also giving me a discount for not having to pay interest and insurance on the bike while it was in his inventory. I do not know if there was going to be his standard setup and delivery on top of that since I ended up buying the factory demo/press bike from him which had just passed through their door. I also bought a new DUC 749 from this same dealer two years ago in the fall and got thousands off. Same scenerio.

Many bike collector types buy these and trade them with little use. Many of these guys/girls just write a check and only want new. Since this results in lower used prices, perhaps the best bet would be a lightly used one from the classifieds, a dealer, or some other used bike source.

In any case congratulations on your decision. Hope you are as happy as I and many others here are.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 AM

My advice is to look at www.cycletrader.com to gauge the average asking price of these new. I'd say you could probably get at least $1000 off retail by looking, and perhaps by being willing to drive a little bit to get your bike.

With the lengthier warrantees going with the bikes these days, and the very low mileage many sports bikes get, I would feel completely comfortable bying a used one, and perhaps saving as much as $3K to $4K. My '06 910S was bought new in Feb. 2007, sold in June 2007, and bought by me last month for about $4K off retail with 1900 miles on it. Seemed like a fairly good deal.

'06 910S
'06 950 Adv
'04 ZX-10R
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
You guys have an excellent point. I think used may be the way to go. Now I just need to find an 07 that someone wants to get rid of. Anything n particular I should look out for?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me
My dealer has a 2007 demo black 910R with the Corse pipes and Eprom installed. He'll sell it for a little discount. He also has an Orange 2008 910S trade-in with 200 miles and like new that you could pick up at a good price. But a new 2008....I didn't get much off MSRP on mine. Some toss ins, like tire/wheel insurance at cost, and discounted accessories...but the sales manager had the hook firmly set in my mouth after I took a test ride. I didn't argue much on price after that. I am a happy boy, no regrets on what I paid, and my dealer takes very good care of me.
Ed: Mark gave me your discount as well as my discount when I bought mine... Actually, I got $1K off MSRP after having bought a zillion bikes from this store.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode