Brutale mods - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

Brutale mods

Just joined and need advice!
I live in New Zealand, great biking roads but not smoothe!
I adore the engineering of the Brutale! Test rode two this week, both 750's ,please can anyone offer polite advice! Bike comfortable, with very little wind blast,looks to die for! However some issues; ie once off the motorway rear shock etc is very harsh, engine very busy ie 5000 rpm at 60mph. If I were to get a 910,equip it wth an Arrow Thunder pipe,remove the cat,would it have sufficient increase in power to fit a different sprocket ,to reduce the revs down to say 4000rpm at 60mph? Being verticaly chalenged ,
I need a seat height of 775 mm, can the adjustable link on the rear suspension be shortened?I am riding a Gixer 1000k6 and no problem with roads here, but I love the comfort and character of the Brutale,any help greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 04:40 AM

welcome mickyg,
not all roses i'm afraid. you will love the brute for all the reasons you've stated, and the ride will be harsh once the road gets bumpy. it's like a race bike in that regard. ride height is easily adjusted, but i'm not sure if it will be enough. 910 is mr. torque so re-gearing won't lose you too much kick. others may have some experience with all of the above so hang around and see who chimes in. good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 AM

Hi and welcome- some of the rear harshness can be dialed out by setting the preload up for your weight (I think the spring rate is appropriate for people in the 75kilo range, if you're way lighter than that you may need a different spring). And you can get a smaller sprocket, but 4000 rpm may be a little ambitious...Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Established Member

G'day Mick, I have an 750 Brutale with Arrow Thunder pipe, chip, DNA filter and dyno tuned.

I reckon it had more (useable) low end power as a stocker so I doubt it would pull too much lower gearing. Although I can take off in 2nd pretty easily.

I found my Brutale vibrates less now too with the freer breathing exhaust.

Ride quality is excrutiatingly hard on rough roads even with the damping wound off. I still love it though.It's like being beaten by a mad woman...

F4 1000R #67
YZFR6 #67
853R
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Mick I had a Brutale 750 for over 2 years. You really get used to busyness of the engine, they loveto rev and it takes a while to get used to it but after a while you will love it.
You can lower it, but you need to do both ends if you go more than say 10mm at the rear. Personally I think it buggers up the handling. I tried this initially and actually went back plus 5mm from standard! It put more weight over the front which seemed to work well for me even though I am a shorty.
The free -er exhaust and cat removal does open the bottom end mid range up but I used ear plugs with that.
The suspension is harsh and the chasis is super stiff. I mucked around for ages to get the suspension right and when I did it handled the goat tracks around here much better. The adjusters on the suspension actually do something, so I had a setting for touring, for sport riding and the track. Great thing is buying one is a starting point, you have a lot of scope to get it right if you know what you are doing, or know someone that does.
I am going to get another one real soon, I miss it a lot, it was great. I have also owned 2 monsters but it is the Brutale that got me, it is an angry little beast one minute and a nice sporty naked the next.
Have fun

MVA Sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode