Brutale Seats - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale Seats

Thought I would share my seat experiences with the group. Several years ago I started off with an ’04 750S. The stock seat (same as on the 910) sucked to put it mildly! It pushed me forward, the padding was way too hard and it really made the bike hard to enjoy for any significant period of time in the saddle. After reading a post on the board about the mod that Spencer does, I picked up a spare stock seat on eBay and sent it off to Spencer for his magic. Service was great, workmanship superb, and the turnaround was amazing (I think I had the seat back in about four days from when I sent it). The improvement was definitely noticeable and appreciated, and longer rides were far more comfortable, but I still tended to slide forward into the tank. Situation improved but problem not solved.

Several months ago, I picked up a nearly new 910R with a Gladio kit installed and sold the 750. The Gladio seat, padding wise, was about the same as the stock one, but the surface is super smooth (not sure if it is leather, but it may be). If the stock seat was bad, the Gladio seat was much worse because I slid all over the place on it mostly ending up with my crotch shoved against the tank. So something had to be done. I saw an ad on the board for a slightly used eMoto “Comfort Alcantara” seat (http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/gels...cantara/1.htm). I’ve had it on the bike for a couple of weeks now and put a few hundred miles on with it installed. It is a definite improvement! Foam is much better after an hour or so, but the best part is that the cover texture keeps you from sliding around on the seat. It still isn’t in the good category compared to my other bikes, but at least I’ve reached the acceptable category. Can’t say that I could ever justify spending what eMoto wants for the seat pair (front and back) given how weak the dollar is, but thought the report might be useful to someone.

Chuck S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:12 PM

The best modification I've found to enhance seating comfort was the installation of an Ohlins shock.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 PM

Hey Chuck,

I just had Spencer mod my new Brute seat...... his new mod process/material/ result is now better than the seat I bought from you. My butt fits in the seat better and definitely keeps me from sliding forward better than the Spencer modded seat I purchased from you. You may want to contact him and talk to him about what he is doing differently now...... and you may want him to work with your new Alcantara seat to prevent you from sliding forward. It worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Established Member

Seat comfort is highly personal. When taking the Brute for a demo ride, I thought... dang, just like everyone said on the forum, this seat is bad. Oddly enough, for me, it doesn't seem to get significantly worse throughout the day. Compared to the Corbin on my 950 Adventure, the Brute seat is comfy!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Gregg,
Appreciate the update on Spencer. At this point, I want to hear more about the Corbin alternative before making anymore changes. I like the Alcantara seat well enough that it's moved down on my priority list. Hope you're enjoying the Brutale and it was worth the wait.

Leanin,
If you think the stock Brutale seat is "comfy", more power to you. Other than the throttle, the stock seat comes in for more critisism than just about any other part of the bike. Enjoy.

Chuck S.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 08:34 PM

After I took a 910r for a test ride i thought the seat was fairly comfortable. I rode a gsxr 1000 for 2 years , that had about and inch or less foam on the seat and not much support, so that may be the reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode