'08 ECU Updated - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
'08 ECU Updated

Picked up my 910R from the dealer today with the "Updated '08 ECU" installed under warranty.

I have a new bike!! Not only is the slightly irritating surge at 6~7000 rpm gone, but the bike just runs fantastic at all rpms. Not that it ran badly before, but the fueling from idle on is just brilliant. I fear I am going to get in trouble tomorrow on my ride to the mountains, it just goes soooo damn good!!!

Kudos to Mat and the guys in service at Triumph-Ducati of Atlanta. Got the promised parts from Cagiva, did the work promptly and ready when promised, and it just runs sooooo damn good (oh, I said that already ).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Big Randaddy

Ed; I was there today as well.....around 2:00PM. My ECU came from FBF. Got it done a couple of months ago with the titanium exhaust. What did Matt and Michael tell you that was the difference in the ECU?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

I think I left just before you got there.

New updated maps from the factory for Euro3 system with stock exhaust. I think they're having the surge complaint across the board. You got a new FBF ECU because your new Ti full system eliminated the O2 sensor. I still have the stock cat and O2 sensor, just changed to slip-on Arrows mufflers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 09:09 PM

curious about what kind of mileage you get with your new wonder chip...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 09:52 PM

Man I'm jealous, but I'll always the passenger seat incident to bring a smile to my face. Enjoy the new ride.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearpixel
Man I'm jealous, but I'll always remember the passenger seat incident to bring a smile to my face. Enjoy the new ride.
Don't blame me Ed, I didn't bring it up!!!!

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi, interested in your new ECU under warrenty. Did your dealer contact you? Do you have anymore info so that I can contact my dealer to get mine changed.
Thanks
Simon
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrossk
curious about what kind of mileage you get with your new wonder chip...
Just got back from a fantastic ride, bright sun and perfect temperature. I averaged 31 mpg over 2 tanks of gas. That's a bit lowwer then I have been geeting (mid 30s) but I was riding pretty aggressively (like I said, she's running soooo good ) and did a blast down an empty divided highway at 145 mph for a while (that's a bit over 10500 rpm in 6th, the wind blast discouraged screwing it on any further). Atlanta guys know the road, it's where the stunters and biker boyz go on weekend nights to act like crazies....

Fueling in lower rpms was clean and crisp and I will swear it even feels smoother vibration wise at steady 5500 rpm cruising at 75 mph.

Again, Kudos to the guys at my dealer for doing a great job on the trim and tps settings .

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Metcalfe
Hi, interested in your new ECU under warrenty. Did your dealer contact you? Do you have anymore info so that I can contact my dealer to get mine changed.
Thanks
Simon
My dealer told me when I bought the bike in August that it had a terrible surge (like a bucking bronco) at steady 5500 rpm and that Cagiva already knew about it and that a new ECU was on the way (from Italy no doubt since it took almost 2 months). They had already made all the compensating adjustments possible (fuel trim? TPS settings? I didn't ask) to minimize the surge. And indeed it was great at 5500 rpm but appeared instead at 6500, although not so badly. I happily rode with it for 2300 miles before they called to tell me the part had finally arrived.

Randarosa had the same issue with his new 910R, but opted for full Ti exhaust eliminating the cat, and new FBF ECU (which I would have loved to have been able to do. My finances weren't quite up to the task.).

I don't know if it was just a certain production lot, or just 910R or what, but Cagiva did, in fact, send a new ECU and it did, in fact, make my bike run better then I had enticipated (I thought it would just eliminate the flat-spot surge). This outstanding overall improvement is due, I am sure in no small part, to the dealer's fine tuning after the new ECU was installed.

So I don't know if there is any kind of campaign or other information, or if it is widespread or just a few machines in a specfic production lot. I guess the question is: "does your bike have a driveability problem"? If you have noticable surge at steady mid-rpm cruise that can't be tuned out on a stock 2008 910R, then I would ask your dealer if there is information from Cagiva about a cure.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me
and did a blast down an empty divided highway at 145 mph for a while .

Ed: You're still fast....., and maybe a little bit crazy....I only got up to 120 mph this afternoon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode