Arrow shorty / O2 sensor question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Arrow shorty / O2 sensor question

Hey folks, I've read as many posts through this forum as I can but I can't seem to find an answer here. When it comes to all these electronic things, I'm pretty much a newbie so please be gentle.

I bought an 06 910S from a guy 6 years back. The only thing he did was put a shorty arrow with a mid-pipe. When I test rode it, it did stall once changing from 1st to 2nd gear. I thought it was a fluke. Unfortunately, transactions done and I moved on. I didn't get the original exhaust and cat unfortunately. So, once in a while, infrequently, the bike stalls when changing from first to second gear. Usually I'm pulling on the throttle generously especially since the throttle is so snatchy. It doesn't happen on every ride, but sometimes it happens in the first couple minutes of a ride and sometimes 30 minutes in. When it stalls, I can't restart the bike for about a minute.

First question, does this bike normally have a lambda sensor? I know the 08+ brute has an arrow mid pipe with the bung installed but not on my year. And if so, where the heck does the 4 pin connector plug into?? If someone someone can attach a pic, I'd be very grateful. I've scoured through the service manual but I can't seem to find it.

Is this stalling happening because I need a reflashed ECU or EPROM?

If this bike normally has an O2 sensor, would it help if I just had a bung welded and connected it? I want to avoid any significant expenses at this time. I've sourced an O2 sensor on eBay for a quarter the cost of new and if it's as simple as that, I'd want to go this route for now.

I did purchase a PCIII and installed it. Unfortunately, the local shop said their gas analyzer was on the fritz and I couldn't get a custom map done at this time. I've tried loading the maps that are given, but now I have even more stalling issues, especially if the bike is less than 160 degrees warmed up, which I never had to warm up the bike before the PC. But at least I can restart the bike while it's still rolling, unlike my original problem where the bike won't even turn over for about a minute.

If someone can give me some advice, it'd be much appreciated. I'm soon about to give up on the Brute and move on if I can't figure this out.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 04:08 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum Wooksters. First a few questions, where are you on this great big planet ?
Is your bike Euro 2 or Euro 3, this will determine wether it should have Lambda sensor or not, you can determine this by looking at which ECU you have.?
Have you had a look in this section - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20 - this is where issue's and problems get discussed for 4 cyl bikes.
And here is a lot of tuning threads - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21
You seem to have had one problem, and created another by adding the PC. The bike stalling between 1st and 2nd, and then not restarting for a while is very unusual on that model.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 11-24-2014 at 04:13 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family!!
I suspect your 910S is Euro2 (pre 2007, 2008 if USA spec) and so does not use an O2 sensor.
Run some good fuel injection system cleaner in a tank of fuel, and install iridium spark plugs. Maybe all you need.

With a PCIII you really need to tune it with a gas analyzer and dyno, otherwise you don't know what is happening.
With a decat and shorty exhaust the original ECU map would not be correct. I would hope the original owner had installed a proper EPROM chip to address the changes.
Good luck with you new ride, they are great bikes when properly set up.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 02:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

if the ECU has a single plug ........no 02 sensor

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

I'm over in San Jose, CA. I'll have to look at the ecu later this Thanksgiving unfortunately. No time between work and kids. Will having iridium spark plugs really make a difference? I'm probably going to pull the PC and check out the spark plugs, get a fuel injection cleaner and go from there. I think I'll have to wait on the EPROM for now. I'm also considering selling the bike as I have an R1 also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode