Icing on the Cake! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Icing on the Cake!

I recently upgraded my rear view mirrors to CRG Lane-Split models. When removing the OEM mirrors, the mirror mounting point is built into the clamp of the clutch and brake levers .... leaving an unsightly hole. There is a solution!

I ordered some new mounting clamp pieces (with no threaded hole) from Motovation (www.motovationusa.com) at a cost of 14.00 each, and it really cleaned up the look.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 AM

Looks really cool, how do you find the lane splitters?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 AM

did exactly the same matey.. they do look great! and now i can actually see behind me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie MV
Looks really cool, how do you find the lane splitters?

Looks like a one stop shop

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=237
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeekyle
Yup, I bought the whole setup from Motovation, the mirrors, the weighted bar-ends with the mounts, and the clamps/covers for the stock mirror mounts. Had them on since last spring and love them!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin St.G
Yup, I bought the whole setup from Motovation, the mirrors, the weighted bar-ends with the mounts, and the clamps/covers for the stock mirror mounts. Had them on since last spring and love them!
What do you think of the weighted bar ends? I'm very interested in the weighted bar ends and CRG mirrors.... Those are the only mirrors that look like they work.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

I really like the lane splitters ... when I'm going to split lanes, I just fold 'em in .... when I'm in open traffic I fold them back out and they stay perfectly adjusted because they have a "detente" built into them that guides them back to their original position.

I was told when I ordered the mirrors to buy the weighted bar ends, so I did. Supposedly, they dampen more vibration than other bar ends so the mirrors won't buzz out the vision. They also have a nice groove built into them to accomodate the mirror mount. In addition, it they are supposed to dampen bar vibration so your hands don't get too buzzed out, too. I put them on the minute I got the bike, so I really can't tell you the comaparison between OEM bar ends and the Motovation ones 'cause I never rode with the OEM's.

I like 'em a lot.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeekyle
What do you think of the weighted bar ends? I'm very interested in the weighted bar ends and CRG mirrors.... Those are the only mirrors that look like they work.
The bar ends have worked great for reducing the buzzing, I still get a little bit at certain rpms, but it's not that bad. Part of it is just remembering to relax more with my throttle hand. And the mirrors vibrate much less than stock so you can see alot better in the upper rpms, but the trade off is size and that you just can't see as much as the stock mirrors.

I don't have any negatives on the bar ends, some people questioned whether you would be able to feel them when turning because of the extra weight, but I don't think they weigh enough to affect it IMO.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the info guys..

cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode