Brutale 750 S Urgent Query - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Brutale 750 S Urgent Query

Hey Team - Have had a Cagiva Raptor 1000 for some time and love every second on this seriously underrated backroad blaster. I have been so impressed with the Cagiva that I have become very curious about other offerings from House MV Agusta. I currently also have a Honda VTR1000 SP2 that Im thinking of chopping in along with a few Grand in favour of a barely used 2005 Brutale 750 S. The Honda is great at warp speed but not really practical for modern road riding (policing) so out she goes to make way for something more comfortable, practical and stylish my current thinking goes. Unfortunately I weigh a hefty 93kg and stand 6'3" and find the Raptor a bit of a crouch so wouldnt wanna go any tighter. I believe that the bike is a great handler - very acurate etc but my query is does a 750S ridden hard have enough grunt? The tests Ive seen rate it surprisingly high but the torque stats and some rider impressions suggest that she's pretty light weight in the mid range. I know, I know, I should go 910 for the mid range but if I do I would have to wait 2 years until they trickle onto the 2nd hand market because theres no way I can afford a new 910 at $NZ28,000, so at this stage its Brutale 750 or back to the V Twins, which might even mean chopping in the Raptor for a new Tuono (a bike that I actually found to be rather surgical for cornering with higher clearace than the Raptor, but otherwise surprisingly lacking in character). Answer lies in the test ride of course and I plan to do a bit of that this weekend but any thoughts re a bigger guy (who's used to bigger torque riding) living with this bike for longer distance work and backroad blasting would really be appreciated.. Cheers Bruce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 AM

Talking

Hey MC ,
I weigh in at 120kg and stand 6 foot ,my 750 fits just fine and I think its power is good .I have fitted a decat pipe and a PC 3 and it goes really well.
It now makes 119 rwhp and the midrange is ok,they really come on song from 6000 rpm onwards and it reaches 140 mph with more available without a sweat.Get an MV ,you wont be disapointed.Go on
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
^^ I want to see that dyno. A PC3 adding 13 WHEEL HP???? I dyno'd mine at 106...stock without a pipe they dyno 104...although, it's not completely unreal....all dyno's read different. I think mine was being a bit greedy and didn't show all my HP, cause the bike definitly feels faster than a 106HP bike, and the humidity was WAY off, by about 40%, in reality, the humidity was at 90%. I rode a buddy's gixxer 600 tonight..it has 107HP at the wheel, and I walk away from him everytime.

But I'de be intrested in seeing a dyno sheet!!!!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Not sure if you have made your choice, but I am new to the Brutale and just replaced a Cagiva Raptor, and was going to buy the Aprilia also as while I always loved the look of the Brutale, the price and inline four thing both put me off.
I am no where near as tall as you but find the bike comfortable except for the hard seat. The only warning I'll give you about the bike is that you have to give it good revs for anything to happen, and that is hard to do when you are used to riding only big twins or large fours (Buell Lightening, VTR1000, CBR929, YZF1000, Cagiva Raptor in my case). But once you get used to using revs, always using revs as little happens under 5000, it is a damm exciting ride and makes for a new experience from the comparatively lazy and agricultural feeling of the Cagiva. Personally I found the Tuono a bit dissapointing as the set up was better but the engine didn't offer a lot more than the Cagiva/Suzuki, so I didn't feel like I was getting a new experience when riding it, just a bit improved Cagiva. Without doubt I am much faster on the the twisties now than on the Cagiva, and can easily use all the power without fear of highsiding. Brakes and suspension are vastly improved, and I love the feeling of nearly sitting on the front wheel you are so forward compared to the old longer twin motors that sit you further back on the bike.
I also love the engine sound which surprised me, having been a twin fan with aftermarket cans type for so long. I'd rather have the 910 but also had to buy second hand so no option, but I will get an air filter, midpipe, and pc3 to improve the low/mid end in the next few weeks.
I am afraid to take it on tracks as insurance won't cover me, so bought a 1998 RGV250 for this 2 days ago, and the unexpected side benefit is that it makes the Brutale's low/mid range now seem huge by comparison, the opposite effect to getting off the Cagiva!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Talking NewsFlash

Hey there guys - Appreciate the insights.
Latest is that as threatened, Ive decided to take the plunge on the Brutale 750S and now the proud owner having traded the SP2 on its ass...
As you say the edgy roll on of this engine is a hoot! Sharpens up nicely above 6000 with positively speed freak focus above 7000, which I find still gives you a huge range of revs/speed in any particular gear to give it a right spanking!
Handling and agility, chassis, suspension all sublime, but really shows its pedigree i reckon by achieving all that without inducing any instability under drive - damper be superfluous in my opinion (relative to a raptor or gruntier end of the monster range anyway!). Very composed on rough stuff too and nice high pegs perhaps the biggest improvement over the Raptor cabin geometry.
I come from very similar background AusBS.. Nice bunch of bikes you've had there.. busa and v twin 1000s more recently myself, so like yourself, torque's been the order of the day, and yeah the 750S is a very different ride but how much character do Cagiva/Agusta engineer into their machines?! I find I really get a huge sense of personality out of these two bikes and both very capable scratchers if piloted hard i reckon. Now that Ive taken the 750S on I dont know that I really would want a more torque driven 910 at this stage anyway, you know.. Find that its reminding me of the fun to be had from thrashing lower powered machines (years ago) and Im really enjoying being able to fang a bike power plant for all its worth.. Up to 200kph in a flash which is ample by my books.. maybe the 910's a better all rounder? (tours more readily).. but glad Ive taken the plunge on the 750S particularly and thanks for the excellent advice. Certainly wasnt disappointed 333! Cheers, Bruce
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 PM

Thumbs up

Excellent,I know you'll enjoy it,I love mine.Welcome to MV world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode