Fitting Biondi screen to Brutale 750. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Fitting Biondi screen to Brutale 750.

I managed to buy a screen from Italy under the guise of a universal fit 'cupolino' but the seller added that it would fit the MV750. It arrived this morning and it is a Biondi, part number 8010156 which denotes that it is in black. 8010155 for white and 8010157 for blue. It did come with a fitting kit, this despite several people stating that the kit would not come supplied and was extra. Biondi certainly do make separate fitting kits though

Ive just tried to fit it and there is no way the brackets will fit over the headlight mounting bolts which are to thick to fit the slot. I do appreciate that its a simple matter of filing the supplied brackets to fit. However on my 'travels' found this post
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36794

It mentions part number 8010168 and which seems to be a specific fitting kit for the Brutale. It is certainly available from European suppliers at about 18 GBP plus shipping. The post also mentions ensuring that you get the mounting hardware that 'replaces' the stock headlight mounting bolts.

This is what I got in my fitting kit;

Here is my quandary, I don't want to order the additional kit if it doesn't give me anything extra than the one I was supplied with. I'm of half a mind anyway to make my own mounting brackets to raise the screen, as the supplied ones appear to short and sit the screen very low. It would appear that other owners have followed this route when fitting the Biondi. Unless the additional fitting kit I mentioned does supply different brackets.

Can anybody who has fitted the Biondi screen advise if the brackets they received are different to the ones I got and if they also received modified headlamp mounting bolts in the fitting kit.

Cheers

Fent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 10:00 AM

I've also got the Biondi screen, but with the Brutale fitting kit. For that price, I wouldn't order one, as it's not great quality. Making one yourself shouldn't be too difficult, and if I remember rightly, Noel the Knurl has a template for an improved version. I hope I've got that right, best of luck anyway.

Dave.

ps, the brackets you received are NOT for a Brutale, and I also did not get modified headlight bolts. The brackets did fit without any filing or sawing.

Last edited by Madjock; 11-10-2014 at 10:03 AM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the reply Madjock............... you have reinforced what I thought. Embarrassingly your post has reminded me that Noel did actually send me some pictures of his set up with the offer to trace and post the drawings. I didn't take him up on the offer at the time because I couldn't find a Biondi fairing. Now why is it that I can recall with perfect clarity things that happened 40 years ago, yet 40 minutes ago is beyond my grasp???

If you get the chance do you think you could take a picture of your brackets and the way the faring sits on the bike and I'll PM you my email address. There's no panic as this is my wife's Christmas present to me and its now going away till Christmas day.

Sorry Noel, I've found your previous email now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink Biondi mount?

Fentible;
If you want I will remove my home made mount and take a picture of it and the stock mount with the silly slot

I'll put a piece of Quadrille paper behind it for dimensions

I also used the mount to mount LED indicators

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

This is the correct kit for fitting the Biondi screen to the 750 Brutale. I sourced it from a supplier in the Netherlands. Compare it with the kit I got in the first post. The brackets are really poor but you do get the modified headlight bolts with the correct spacers and grommets.

I appreciate your offer Noel but I'm going to fabricate my own brackets out of 3mm alloy which will provide a sturdier mount and allow a greater range of adjustment.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 05:40 PM

Wink

Fentible;

instead of those horrid slots

go off the turn indicator mounts and mount some LED indicators on the

mount like in my picture

the rear most part of the fairing is ~8mm below the top of the M/C and

clutch reservoirs (not the tops) and ~4mm from the reservoirs

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 11-19-2014 at 06:12 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 01:28 PM

Hi George,
Glad the email with photo's helped a bit.
As for my colour matched screen. It was already that colour when I bought it from the infamous Emoto.uk (before they started messing people around!!).
The coloured side bits are plastic on mine whereas I believe they are aluminium on yours.
What colour is your Brutale?
Hope you get the brackets sorted.

Dave.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 AM

or better yet, don't put the ugly thing on an otherwise beautiful bike. Windscreens on Brutales!!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Wink

well George cruising at 95mph+ is a snap wit the Biondi on

otherwise above 85 is 2 handed affair

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 05:37 PM

Seriously i did 2000 miles in august to indy and back and wind turbulence was never a problem. Was running about 85 a erage

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode