Newbie here - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Talking Newbie here

Well, new to MV Agusta. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 9 and am celebrating my 46th birthday by trading an '05 GSXR 1000 for a new '06 Brutale 910S this Saturday... I can't wait!

In addition to riding street/track bikes, I'm also into Adventure touring on a KTM 950 (if I wasn't on-call this week, I'd be at Copper Canyon Mexico with friends instead of buying a Brutale). I also race XC on a KTM 300, race MX on a yz450f, ride supermotard on a yz250f and mini-motard on a yz85. My wife claims I have TADD (toy attention deficit disorder). Lucky for me its in a supportive tone.

Apologies for this sounding like a personal ad. But, I'm so excited about my first "exotic Italian" bike, its making me babble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Congratulations on the Brutale purchase, and welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Congrats man!
Welcome to the MV Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:23 PM

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on a great bike.
Get use to riding her any free minute you get and spending some time in the garage when you cant.

Its a wonderful love affair with very few disappointmnets.

Rob

"i put on a mask, for the masks that i meet"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Since you're into moto you'll be stoked to have a sportbike with bars. The Brutale is plenty racy for my tastes, when I jump from the MX and supermoto bikes I ride. Clip-ons are superior in certain contexts but for most riding the Brutale fits, and it will be easier for you to jump between bikes without it being all weird.

You may have a little too much variety in that stable, actually...must be tough to get one bike super dialed. Nice selection, of course, but isn't it hard to go from a two-stroke mini-moto to a four-stroke, or from the 300 to the 450? Wouldn't you be more effective if you set up the 450 (for example) for everything? I dunno...

One thing's for sure, the Brutale will fit right in. Does for me.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Established Member

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
No apology needed for the babbleing thing. My family are sick of hearing me go on and on and on. Ever since I took the test ride before signing the check I have been obsessed.

Welcome and congratulations. You're gonna love your Brutale.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the "welcomes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by manalagi001
You may have a little too much variety in that stable, actually...must be tough to get one bike super dialed. Nice selection, of course, but isn't it hard to go from a two-stroke mini-moto to a four-stroke, or from the 300 to the 450? Wouldn't you be more effective if you set up the 450 (for example) for everything? I dunno...
The short answer: no, no and no.

The long answer:

This time last year, I was using the the yzf250f for MX, XC, enduro, trail riding and supermoto. And if I could only afford one dirt bike, it would be the 250f. But, the close-ratio gear box isn't optimal for the gnarly enduro trails. Also, a suspension setup for 100ft mx jumps is too harsh for rocky, rooted, gnarly trails. The KTM 300 really shines in the tough stuff but is softer than what I want for mx.

Swapping the wheels, brakes, chain, sprocket, sliders etc back and forth between mx and supermoto is enough of a PITA that I didn't do it very often. So I recently bought the new 450 for mx so the 250 could stay supermoto ready. Also, now that the 250's suspension can be set up specifically for supermoto.

Each discipline is so different that I don't even think about the differences in the bikes. Even the riding differences between mini-supermoto and regular supermoto are big. I ride foot-out on a big supermoto. The mini-supermoto is on 12" wheels instead of 17" so I ride it knee down. BTW, the mini-supermoto tracks we currently ride are paved without any dirt sections.

I'm not a golfer with a bag of clubs... I'm a motorcyclist with a garage of motorcycles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode