910R hot weather operation - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
910R hot weather operation

I am considering the purchase of a new 2008 910R. I live in Las Vegas and it is not unusal for the temperature to be over 100 degrees in the summer. My game plan in the summer is to ride the bike early in the morning when the sun comes up before the temperature reaches 90 degrees. I have been told tht the 910R runs hotter than the 910S. Can anyone confirm this and tell me why. I really like the looks of the 910R. I also heard by word of mouth that someone iwith a 910R changed the cooling fan from a three to a four bladed fan and this helped lower the temmperature. I just want to make sure I do not purhcase a bike that will have overheating problems that will affect the engine life and performance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 01:02 AM

I believe the fan is a 5 blade fan ... and the Muzzy aluminum fans have 6 blades.

As far as overheating goes, I doubt you will have any issues. I live in Los Angeles - a bit cooler than Vegas -- but on hot days I have no issues whatsoever with overheating on the Brute. On my F4, yes, I have issues in stop and go traffic as the heat is trapped by the fairings (which the Brute doesn't have).

The 910R has the same engine as the 910S, the only difference (in the engine department) is the hand polished intakes on the R model. I can't see why one model would run any hotter than the other.

You shouldn't have any overheating issues with the Brutale. What you have heard about are issues related to the F4. I can't put into words how phenomenal a bike the Brutale is .... test ride one and see for yourself. And don't forget to bring your checkbook when you do!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Thanks for the response. I did take the 910S at Pat Clark Motorsports out for a short spin last week and I may trade in my 2007 Griso for the 910R. It had a really responsive throttle like my old race bike and I like the upright riding position. The 910 is basically a sportbike with great handling with high handlebars. The Griso is a great handling bike but it has no power and no power means no fun. If you live in LA you must ride the crest. I keep my Bimota SB6R at my sons house in Stevenson Ranch and try to ride up to Newcombs Ranch once a month on Sunday with both of my sons who have sport bikes (CBR954 and R1). A sportbike is great when you live in LA. Their are very few twisty roades in the Las Vegas so the 910R my be just the ticket. Plus, it will look good sitting in my garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:52 AM

I had an f41000S and was really awful...was so really hot!!. Now I have a brute910R and one of the first things I noticed was that wasn't hot at all...I'm so happy about that!, you wont have any problems with it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 06:53 PM

I live in the Phoenix area and ride my 910R year round. In the hottest months I ride early and complete the canyon carving by 9am. It's often 100f+ by then and I've had no overheating at all. I run distilled water with water wetter.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Established Member

I'm in Houston, summers days here are about 97+ no problems. I'll do the same, leave home before dawn and return around noon or so.I tend to over heat before the bike! I've never seen temp over 200, even on a august afternoon. p.s. go for the r for sure! I just hope your arms are in there sockets good and tight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode