EPROM chip. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Question EPROM chip.

Has anyone fitted one to a stock Brutale? Was it easy to fit & did it make any difference to how the bike ran?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Hi Philly,

I've fitted the moto-one chip to my Brutale. My Brutale has a few extras but you need to get a chip that will fit your particular setup. Installing it was not difficult, you have to take the tank off (watch those fuel connectors if you haven't replaced them with metal ones). Also it's a good idea to modify the fuel richness whilst you're inside the ECU, make sure you use a ceramic screwdriver though to avoid any shorting out.

As far as differences to how the bike runs.. mine's leaner now (it was very rich from the factory), puts out a little bit more HP, sounds nicer on the overrun thanks to running leaner, but most importantly.. gets me 50km more out of a tank.

There's a bucketload of info available in both the FAQ (check the links section) and the moto-one website.

Hope this helps
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM

I purchased the 910 Race eprom from eMoto but I've yet to install it. http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/perf...tails/ecu6.htm

It looks fairly easy, but with care of the fuel lines.

Here's my eprom, it looks a little different(label & packaging) from the pics from eMoto's website, but eMoto insist it's an MVSP part. Notice how the bag says "Made In USA".
Attached Images

CURRENT RIDE
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S

FORMER RIDES
'08 Ducati Hypermotard S
'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 S
'01 Ducati 996
'05 Ducati Monster S4R
'04 Yamaha R1
'01 Yamaha R1
'99 Ducati 748
'99 Yamaha R6
'92 Honda CBR600 F2

Last edited by Vlad Drac; 10-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 PM

I got the Arrow mid-pipe and a chip from Moto One in AUS (Brad Black who's on this forum every now and then). Piece of cake to install. No flat spots, the abruptness when opening the closed throttle is virtually gone and I get about 35 MPG. Piece of cake. As Vlad pointed out, be careful with the fuel lines and as with any chip, use appropriate care with that as well.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Established Member

I was out on the MV today and was thinking how good and smooth it was running. I installed a MotoOne MVB02 chip from Aus over a year ago. The detailed instructions, TPS setting and other fine tuning details made it a easy go. Well worth it - no issues at all, smooth and better fuel mileage. I have a mid pipe and BMC air filter as well.

JIM
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM

I installed a stage 1 eprom chip from FBF last night. bike seems to run MUCH smoother. I personally, loved the jerkiness it had before, but i'd heard so many people say i should get a tuned eprom w/my setup (arrow mid pipe & shorty thunder & BMC air filter) that i figured i'd just buy one. they're only $170 shipped from ferracci. plugged it in, bike started right up after put back together. my bike was stalling quite a bit before. too early to tell if it's fixed the stalling.

2007 910r \ 2004 Yamaha R1 \ 2008 848 \ 2007 F4
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM

As I wrote the same thing in the other thread;

father installed the Race EPROM in 2006 Brutale 910 R bought from emotouk. He also has BMC air filter.

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/eproms.htm Fifth product on this page.

Abrupt on-off throttle is gone, bike is smooth out of corners. Difference is night and day. can't tell about MPG yet, he only made one ride about 100km.

This is the way to go on 910R.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:15 PM
CHB

I have a full Arrow system headers back w/ FBF eprom and the bike ran better before I upgraded to the chip! Since the chip bike has mind of her own and feel I may have gotten a shit one from FBF "IMO"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode