have any of you replaced the header on a 910R? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

have any of you replaced the header on a 910R?

I just picked up Linsler's (thanks again ) old arrow race header and will be installing it sometime this week.

It looks like I may be able to swap it out without removing the radiator, but im not 100% sure of it. I was just wondering if anyone has done the job already and if they managed without removing the radiator.

Thanks in advance!

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 AM

As far as I know you have to take the radiator off. But I havnt done it yet, so cant be sure. Anyway i would risk braking anything so would just follow the manual and take it off.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 AM

Eric, I do not know the design of your Arrow race header, but I have replaced the original headers on my 910R with the MV Agusta Corse (titanium) system and did not need to remove the radiator for their installation. In addition, I have removed the MV Agusta Corse headers on two occasions (for ceramic coating), and the radiator did not require either removal or rotation. However, if you elect not to remove the radiator, I suggest that you place some protective cover across the radiator (I have cut some very thick cardboard to shape) to prevent any damage in the event that the headers come into contact with the core area during the removal or installation.

If you do need to remove the radiator, a special tool is required to release the clamps on the hoses. Otherwise, you might need to cut the factory supplied clamps and replace them with after market items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Saab: I would love to follow the manual, but there are no instructions for header removal in my owners manual!

Allan: Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Service and Parts manuals on this web site

http://www.mvagusta.net/articleview/...rkshop-manual/

owners manual is practicaly worthless for anything more then how to check the oil.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me
Service and Parts manuals on this web site

http://www.mvagusta.net/articleview/...rkshop-manual/

owners manual is practicaly worthless for anything more then how to check the oil.

Oh shit, i remember that being on the site a while ago but thought it had been removed for some reason, thanks.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Established Member

i took the radiator off. it makes it much easier. you might be able to do it without removing the radiator, but you risk denting the radiator fins. but you do need to deal with the hose clamps if you remove the radiator. i bought the special tool from amazon.com.

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Established Member

Linsler's race header....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
I just picked up Linsler's (thanks again ) old arrow race header and will be installing it sometime this week.

It looks like I may be able to swap it out without removing the radiator, but im not 100% sure of it. I was just wondering if anyone has done the job already and if they managed without removing the radiator.

Thanks in advance!

Eric
I bought Linsler's Corse system that has not been used and will be putting it on this weekend. But all I have to change is the mid and the exhaust cans. Great guy to deal with, prompt shipping, phone conversation and all questions answered.

Good luck with the header.

'08 Brutale in Arrest Me Orange

1967 Suzuki X 6 Hustler

Ducati Monster 1000

White and Silver 2011 Victory Cross Country

1982 Kawasaki AR 80 with 51 actual miles

Orange 2011 Corvette
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasCitySmitty
I bought Linsler's Corse system that has not been used and will be putting it on this weekend. But all I have to change is the mid and the exhaust cans. Great guy to deal with, prompt shipping, phone conversation and all questions answered.

Good luck with the header.

Yeah, he's a good guy and the price was right too. The cans and midpipe are a breeze, you're gonna love the noise it makes afterwards!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 PM

I've got the motocorse and put it on with out taken it off just moved it out of the way a little.Took me more time to line all the angles to fit it right.Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode