Brutale Quandary - 1078RR Tamburini T1 or 1090RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Brutale Quandary - 1078RR Tamburini T1 or 1090RR

I'm in an interesting quandary at the moment. While cruising around the web looking at mods etc I came across the Tamburini T1 kit which has blown my socks off. For those that don't know what it is details are here:

http://www.tamburinicorsestore.com/e...category_id=15

The kit + full race exhaust etc is roughly the budget I'd allocated for mods/custom paint job etc to make any 1090 I bought unique. The T1 kit though requires a 1078 as the base bike and can not fit a 1090 (confirmed with Tamburini Corse).

All things being equal, is there much seat of the pants difference between a 1078RR and a 1090RR? Is one more refined than the other? Is there a build quality or reliability difference? The bikes main usage is as a weekend plaything in the Canberra hills where I intend riding it 'with purpose'. It will probably never see a track though.

On a plus side a 1078 saves some up front coin however on a down side it doesn't come with a warranty or some of the tech advancements of the 1090. Thoughts on which way I should jump?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:49 AM

The Brutale 1078rr is the daddy...., but I'm biased!
Check out this thread...http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...8+1090+Brutale
Brian.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 AM

New Site Garage
The bodywork is completely different mate. I recon that is why they say it would not work.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troz View Post
I'm in an interesting quandary at the moment. While cruising around the web looking at mods etc I came across the Tamburini T1 kit which has blown my socks off. For those that don't know what it is details are here:

http://www.tamburinicorsestore.com/e...category_id=15

The kit + full race exhaust etc is roughly the budget I'd allocated for mods/custom paint job etc to make any 1090 I bought unique. The T1 kit though requires a 1078 as the base bike and can not fit a 1090 (confirmed with Tamburini Corse).

All things being equal, is there much seat of the pants difference between a 1078RR and a 1090RR? Is one more refined than the other? Is there a build quality or reliability difference? The bikes main usage is as a weekend plaything in the Canberra hills where I intend riding it 'with purpose'. It will probably never see a track though.

On a plus side a 1078 saves some up front coin however on a down side it doesn't come with a warranty or some of the tech advancements of the 1090. Thoughts on which way I should jump?
Get both, sell the the one you don't like to me for half price! Seriously though, the 1078 is a more unrefined and wants to throw you to the ground. The 1090 is a little smoother but equally as bad ass. You really gotta ask yourself which one looks better to you. Not many can ride one of these to its maximum potential on the street anyway, either due to skill, safety or laws. So if one bike makes 2 more hp than the other, who cares? They are both great in their own respect. I think the dreaded "hub" issue is more of a concern for the 1078 than a newer 1090. Other than that, it seems both have solid reliability. Sometimes reliability has a lot to do with whom maintained the machine before you owned it. I always try to find out who serviced the bike and get some back ground info.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 02:50 AM

My impression of the 1090 is that it is a bit more refined than the earlier bikes - I've not ridden a 1078 but my 910R just feels more raw... The later bikes are more comfortable, eg if like me you are sensitive to vibes get the 1090.

The 1078 was the last of the built to a spec rather than a price bike. But the 1090RR being the top end still has the good suspension, brakes, wheels etc. It does have some cheaper plastic bits but you'll probably replace those with carbon anyway.

As a weekend toy I'd say you will be very happy with either bike, but I would really ride both if I were you.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 04:07 AM

All of the above is spot on,my mate has the 1090rr we swap often and truly i love both bikes,Mine is just more furious than his ,more character , the 1090 is more refined but still retains attitude.
Now this will probably make your mind up,the 1090rr seat is more comfy than the 1078,i bought a corbin seat and that issue was solved.if you are at the 6 ft height get the 1090rr more leg room under the tank.

1090rr suspension stock is better feel than the 1078 ask Brian we have spent dollars on the rear suspension,both of us have put the nitron shock on. Rear hub, i have replaced the bearings once only but next time will be installing Mitchy hub.

Now if you decate and change mufflers ,expect to spend money on either model to get it running smooth,but i have heard that some 1090rr where fine,but the 1078 will need a race ecu with pc5 and dyno done to get it smooth running, especially low down do get rid of the snatchy throttle or as Brian has done used the Microtec from Chris at x bikes.My mate uses my setup on his 1090rr .your call on this one.

Like the guys have suggested ride both as i would also want to own a 1090rr.

hard call

cheers eddy
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 04:41 AM

Bloody hell Troz not many cheap Mv 1090RR on bike sales, That 1078 RR Looks good for the price ,you might be able to get him down a bit. Ecu remap and full system, ask him if it is a race Ecu, I THINK IT IS
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 06:24 AM

Listen carefully...., are you sitting down?? Look into my eyes and....., GET THE BRUTALE 1078rr!!!
Brian
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be placing an order on a 1090 later this week and then start ordering all the bling/exhaust etc from overseas.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troz View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I'll be placing an order on a 1090 later this week and then start ordering all the bling/exhaust etc from overseas.
Whaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!......,Now listen to me.., LISTEN!!!

Only joking...., it is a great bike too.
I wish you all the very best with your new bike..,I'm sure you'll love it!
Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode