Brutale Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Brutale Question

I've read a lot of posts on this forum, and have gathered some great information

I'm waiting for my closest MV dealer to get a couple of Brutale 910's in so that I can actually set on one. I've talked to some folks that owned 750's that said they were very cramped, but I don't believe that any of them had installed the peg lowering kit.

I'm exactly 6' tall, with a 31" inseam. For those of you that own a 750 or 910, how folded up am I likely to feel on one of these bikes? The dealer told me that adjustable footpegs are standard on the 910 now, and lower the pegs about 1.5". I've read all of the reviews, and I'm pretty sure I could be happy with either a 750 or 910, as long as it fits. The dealer has a new left over 750 that he'll sell me for $10,200, so it would be substantially less than MSRP on a new 910, and from what I've been told, discounts on the 910 aren't very common. For some reason, the dealers parts guy said he didn't show a price on the adjustable footpeg kit for the 750, does anyone know what they go for?

I also really like the Guzzi Griso, but with the takeover it sounds like parts and such are really a mess.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I think the Brutale is about the sexiest bike I've ever seen, it and the Griso both move me in a way that no other bike has for quite some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 11:57 AM

I like the Griso too, and considered one, but they are VERY different bikes.
As far as sitting on a 910, if you sat on a 750, then aside from the adjustable footpegs, you've sat on a 910. All changes are internal. Also, from what I've read/experienced, the pegs adjust from high to higher.
If you're like me and on a tight budget, not only will the 750 save you thousands, but insurance could be substantially cheaper as well.
Good luck, either way, with the MV you won't be dissapointed (or possibly the Griso, I'm planning to buy my wife the smaller 800 when it comes out).
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Fazer6. The 910, or the 750 with the adjustable footpegs is probably going to be too cramped for me.

I may just wait and see what shakes out with Moto Guzzi. The dealer told me that he won't even sell his in stock Guzzi's right now because he is worried about being able to deliver a decent level of service if there are any problems.

I have several other bikes in the garage, so getting another right away isn't a neccessity or anything. The Brutale and Griso both just have a lot of appeal for me, though as you pointed out they are very different motorcycles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 03:48 PM

I think the 910 pegs are around $175 each side, although I can't seem to find them now on the site. I have a new set for sale from my 910. $200.

Jack
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
JustJeff, I am 6'2" and ride a 750 without the adjustable pegs. Its a little tight, but still comfortable for me. It might just take some getting used to. This was a big concern when I first bought the bike. Eventually I'll get some adjustable pegs, just not sure when. It's not that bad, that I NEED to get them right away. Hope this helps.

Live to Ride
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks curiOusmind, that is pretty cool to know. Gladio, do the pegs give you any more room, or do they just adjust even higher than the stock ones, and no lower?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:20 PM

You will be fine. I have a 910r and I am 61 with a 32 inseam and I fit o.k. You are going to fill tight but you will get used to it if you do not plan on touring for long hours.

Hope this helps.

R.T.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to alfredob
Hey R.T.,
what kind of pipes did you get with your 910r? I am waiting for mine but noone can tell me the brand etc of these new racing pipes that come with the 910r: if you prefer to respond via email please do so at: [email protected]
Thanks

Alfredo
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcho2
You will be fine. I have a 910r and I am 61 with a 32 inseam and I fit o.k. You are going to fill tight but you will get used to it if you do not plan on touring for long hours.

Hope this helps.

R.T.
I'm 6' even, with a 32 inseam....if you wanna get nitpicky, when Iw as fitted for a tux I wore a 33.5 but when I buy pants, I buy 32's, as I don't wear my pants all the way up to my belly button like I would with a tux.

Anyhow, obviously, I'm extremly lanky, and comfort definitly isn't an issue. Nor was the sitting position even a factor for me.

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
That's actually the best way to get it accross...but damn is it funny.

Nice bike though...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode