new to mv augusta - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
new to mv agusta

I first saw an MV Agusta at MCC in Chicago when I bought my Ducati. It was stunning but it was 22k and a sportbike. Nothing wrong with sport bike but I am not that young any more. Then I spotted a Brutale at Eurocycles in Tampa and it too was stunning. I revisted it the next day and while the first glance was my exciting than a long lingering look over, I was still taken aback.

Then I did my research and actually the people on the Ducati websites that own or have ridden a Brutale are happier than many here. But then there is always a lot of complaining on all discussion boards. Remembering the good deals and great service I always got at MCC, I checked out their web site and found a 2006 used 910S there. When I called to see how negotiable the price was, the bike was being sold as we talked. John at MCC followed up a couple of days later with the offer of a new 2006 at $1000 more than the used. While, I pondered he then found the MV Agusta press bike for the same price as the used one. It has 1500 miles with the 600 mile service completed and has not yet been titled. After a couple of days of hesitation as I really do not need another bike I went for it.

I have discovered that I need a bead of silicon around the headlight lens. Also that I probably need the upgraded brake pads mentioned on this site. I always have a battery tender pigtale on all my bikes. Any thing else, I or the dealer needs to do before I take delivery of this bike?

By the way this is the same bike that will appear in the upcoming Batman movie. Not that I have ever sat through a Batman movie, but being just as much a collector as a rider, I think this is kind of neat.
http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Ch...ye_9-1-07.html

Last edited by bmwducatirider; 09-29-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Congratulations on your new brutale, and one with some provenace at that.

In spite of what a few curmudgeons on this forum might say , you have just acquired a fabulous machine. I am certain you will enjoy looking at it and riding it as much as I enjoy mine.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 PM

Welcome and Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 AM

Small world, I am the guy who bought the Brutale at MCC from John. I actually had the ball rolling on the sale before they even listed the bike on the internet, but John was out of town at a Ducati conference in California so it took a little longer than usual. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 11:59 AM

Well, Welcome and Congrats to you too Calam!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 PM

Welcome...it's spelt 'Agusta' not Augusta.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Welcome to the forum matey.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me
Congratulations on your new brutale, and one with some provenace at that.

In spite of what a few curmudgeons on this forum might say , you have just acquired a fabulous machine. I am certain you will enjoy looking at it and riding it as much as I enjoy mine.
+1
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 05:02 PM

Welcome and congratulations on a great bike. I have an R312 but am on the cusp of getting a Brutale as well. You'll find a lot of great help from these guys on this site.

08 F4 312R
08 Brutale 910R
07 MultiStrada
07 ZX-14
03 WR 450
72 CB 750 'Cafe'
"Ride Hard, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry for the spelling error.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode