throttle body sync - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

throttle body sync

Hi all- I'm in the process of trying to sync my throttle bodies (910 Brutale), going by the info in the workshop manual. In the manual they have a photo of two hoses with caps on them, on either side of the bike, where one would attach vacuum lines. However, on my bike there are no caps- rather another pair of hoses running toward the engine. I assume one could still use those points to attach the guage- but which side, the rear of engine or front of engine side? I didn't want to simply pick one for fear of screwing something up. I'm sorry I can't attach a photo of what I mean, my diggie camera is not working, and I can't attach a pdf file from the workshop manual. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have some help? Thanks, Michael
Ah, the joys of first time home maintenance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrossk
[left]Hi all- I'm in the process of trying to sync my throttle bodies (910 Brutale), going by the info in the workshop manual. In the manual they have a photo of two hoses with caps on them, on either side of the bike, where one would attach vacuum lines. However, on my bike there are no caps- rather another pair of hoses running toward the engine. I assume one could still use those points to attach the guage-
You're right, they are the connection points for the vacuum gauge. I did my F4 a few weeks ago and determined that on the left (clutch) side, cylinder #1 is the front, #2 is the rear hose. On the right side it's reversed, so that #4 is front, #3 is the rear. Frankly, it turned out to be an interesting exercise, but no gain that I could detect. It really only affects the idle balance. But have fun anyway.

Ciao,
John
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

hey falcopilot (btw- I just sold my 2000 Falco, 53,000 miles on her. We had a great life together)- thanks for the reply. I still wonder- do you remove the hose from the front side of the bike or the rearward (not inside/ outside, if you know what I mean)-i.e. if I'm doing cylinder #1, and looking at the bike in profile, the hose coming from the left side of the connector, or the right? I appreciate your (or anyone else's) help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 07:01 AM

I had a 2000 Falco (red) also, and sold it about 6 months ago with about 52,000 miles. That was how I came up with my nickname.

If you're standing on the left side (kickstand side) looking at the hoses, the front hose is #1, as I mentioned previously. I determined 3 & 4 because I initially hooked up my mercury sticks incorrectly on the right side, so I had to reverse them. One way to remember which is which, is that the odd numbered hose is on your left as you look at them, and the even number is on your right. In any case, when you start tweaking the screws it'll become obvious by watching the mercury.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 09:13 AM

This is only on the US bikes. For mainly this reason I removed the charcoal canister on both my Brutale and 312 so that I could remove those vacuum lines and put the caps on like all the non US bikes have. The total cost was about $20 and my dealer ordered the parts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

oh, so those hoses on the front-of-the-engine-side run to the charcoal canister? And that's the side to attach the gauges?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 03:36 PM

Yes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolim
Yes
thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode