Dutch newbie with oldie - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Dutch newbie with oldie

Hi guys,

Some of you may have noticed my first posts in the tech area but i haven't really introduced myself here.

I'm Ruben, 24 years old from Holland. I recently traded in my '06 Suzuki SV650S for an '04 Brutale 750S. Wasn't really my cup a tea, trading my already eight year old bike for an even older one but once I'd ridden the Brutale I was lost..

Already had lots of fun with my new bike (not that I didn't love my SV before..) and I'm thinking of refurbishing itva bit this winter, changing some old nuts and bolts and cleaning everything thouroughly.

Here are some pics, tell me how you like 'm! :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 12:52 PM

New Site Garage
Great and welcome. Where are you located?

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 12:56 PM

Welcome to the Forum and MV family Ruben.
Nice bike, and I like the fact that you've got one with an MV numberplate.
You'll find that just changing some bolts and cleaning the bike will not be enough, and once you get started, there's no stopping the addiction of modifying. I would start with changing the cat with a midpipe, it will lose some weight, sound better, run cooler and look better. Just my opinion though.
If you have future questions or problems, there isn't a better place than this forum to get them sorted, and having a laugh along the way.

Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I'm located to the east, near Arnhem/Doetinchem in the Achterhoek, how about you Max Velo..?

I already noticed this forum being very helpful with a lot passion and compassion amongst members, like it! Much like the MV plate indeed haha. I already ordered new Baracuda Futura II blinkers and a new rear tire so the money is already spent for this month..

Do you reckon just changing the midpipe does the trick for a nicer sound and better running, without replacing the mufflers??
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 01:34 PM

there was a definite improvement with the sound on both my 910s and Sharon's Brutale S, Not really loud, but a nicer growl. We've now both got Arrow mufflers for even more, and nicer tones (the Addiction bites deeper!!!!).
I was just in your area last week, building a "Boswachtersschuur" on the Vaarseveldseweg in Gaanderen. There are some nice biking roads up your way, enjoy.

Dave.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 02:18 PM

Welcome to the club Ruben!

Nice bike, good choice,
I've had lots of fun on my 750!

As you are new to the club, 3 very important issues for you to check this winter.
In order of importance:
- Check/service/replace the rear HUB.
- Check the glass of your front light(I advise you to do this after reading this...)
- Check the back of your SPU, if its blue remember this if the lady starts acting funny.

All of this just to be sure.
You'll find all info needed on the forum or PM me in Dutch if you're having trouble.

Have fun

Cheers,

Joost

Currently riding:
- 2014 Brutale 800 Dragster
- Moto Guzzi California III injection

Sold:
- 2004 Brutale 750
- Some Japanese stuff (everybody makes mistakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 02:24 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumi View Post
I'm located to the east, near Arnhem/Doetinchem in the Achterhoek, how about you Max Velo..?

I already noticed this forum being very helpful with a lot passion and compassion amongst members, like it! Much like the MV plate indeed haha. I already ordered new Baracuda Futura II blinkers and a new rear tire so the money is already spent for this month..

Do you reckon just changing the midpipe does the trick for a nicer sound and better running, without replacing the mufflers??
I live in Noord Brabant. There are for sure some people with MVs in your area

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 05:00 PM

New Site Garage
Wecome Ruben, nice bike. Pay particular attention to both headlight and hub posts, they'll possibly save you a heap of grief and money that can be better spent on the upgrades you want.

Cheers

Deano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode