Brutale advice - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale advice

Recently, I rode a friend's '06 910 Brutale. It was so much fun that I'm now looking for one for myself. I'd like to find one that matches my '05 red/silver F4. My friend's bike is in the traditional red/silver livery with matching silver star wheels. IOW, exactly what I'm looking for. Short of taking his, I hoping that some of you can answer the following:

Which years are available in red/silver paint with silver star wheels, and 910 or larger engines? Which years came with silver star wheels? I saw a Craigslist ad the other day for an '08 Brutale, but the pic showed star wheels. I thought the factory switched to a different wheel after '06. Perhaps this was a typo on the seller's part.

If I can't find a match, should I hold out for an "R", a 1078, a 1090, or even a B3? I really liked the ergos of my friend's 910. His has a Microtech, Arrow exhaust, and is 2T up the rear. It was perfect for me. I won't be doing any long distance touring or track days with it, just occasional canyon rides, or when I simply want to have fun.

Are there any inherent flaws that I should be aware of such as hub failures, overheating issues, or ???

If I need to chose, would I be better off finding a B4 with star wheels, then painting to match, or one in red/silver and finding OEM star wheels?

So many questions. I know, I know; I should simply take his!

Thank you in advance for your advice. If any of you have questions Re MX or off-road bikes, please PM me.

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 05:27 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
All the 910S came with star wheels through 2008 (US). The 910R came with the Y spoke forged wheels.

2008 (US) model year Brutales got the 5SM ECU and the other relevant EFI system improvements...

So look for any 910S model to buy.

If you really like the star wheels and find a bike with the Y spokes it would be easy to find some star wheels and have them painted silver. The Y spoke wheels are much lighter and you will have no problem selling them.

As a matter of fact, I have some clean straight gun metal gray Stars I will swap with you....I'll even toss in a few hundred to pay for the repaint to silver.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you, Ed. Now the search begins in earnest.

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 12:33 PM

My silver stars will be available any when beginning of 2015.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Big Randaddy

910R is the pinnacle of first gen Bruties. The 1078 may be a little stouter, but the 910 is way prettier.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
910R is the pinnacle of first gen Bruties. The 1078 may be a little stouter, but the 910 is way prettier.
My 'ugly sister' and me ........, wouldn't have it any other way
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you all for your replies and advice. Another member here has contacted me about selling his 910, and I think that I'll soon be joining the ranks of B4 owners. Please don't tell the F4 guys; you know how they can get.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 09:49 AM

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/4682603187.html

Not mine, but can personally vouch for how well this was/is cared for.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultaco Bullet View Post
Please don't tell the F4 guys; you know how they can get.
Don't we know?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode