F1 Tamburini screen - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

F1 Tamburini screen

Has anyone tried the one of these screens on the their 2010+ Brutale. If so how well did it work and any pics of the look once installed would be much appreciated.
I don't want to ruin the drop dead gorgeous look of the bike but the wind drag on my helmet and therefore my neck when doing sustained high speed runs is substantial. Especially when I'm doubling my wife because I don't have the option to move around into positions I can when riding solo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 05:17 AM
Established Member

G'day, can't comment on the Tamburini screen but if its anything like the one trooperlu's were selling for the brutale I wouldn't waste your time or money. Not only was it noisy from wind drag it didn't fit properly and ended up cracking from stress, it did deflect wind off my helmet but its look and noise were far worse, there's a couple of pics in my library photos, Mark.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Mark.
It's one of those things where I'm just not sure. Being a Tamburini product you would think that the fit would be spot on but I love the look of the bike how it is and don't want to ruin it. That's why I was hoping to get some photos of bikes that someone has actually fitted the Tamburini screen to. I could always take the new screen off again if I don't like it I suppose but that makes it an expensive piece of trial and error. Personally I don't really like the look of that one on your bike. If the Tamburini one looked like that installed it would be straight off again. Thanks again for the pics and feedback I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

So I bit the bullet and bought one from Design Corse. Firstly, once again the service was brilliant.
Now to the screen. Believe it or not I think it actually makes the bike look better. This is going to be a personal thing but it really looks awesome on the bike.
It offers a little more wind protection at high speed which is basically what I was after. I didn't want a lot just a bit and i pretty much got it.
Fitting was a bit of a pain in the butt. Mostly because the instructions only come in Italian. There is pictures but instructions in English would have been a great help. Basically you need to drill a hole in the original instrument cowl. This needs to be accurate. You mount the new cowl to the outside of the original through that hole. You MUST take the outside brackets off and install them with the new bolts and spacers into the original well nuts through the original cowl. Then you line up the brackets with the holes in the new cowl and install the supplied bolts. Install the screen onto the new cowl and tighten everything up. The new cowl is under quite a bit of tension once the holes line up but it won't break. I was worried it would at first.
The only other thing I had to do was go to a rubber supply shop and buy a U shaped strip of rubber to put along the bottom of the new cowl because it is very close to the headlight and taps on it quite easily.
Overall I am stoked with the look and quality of the screen and got the result I was after. It really does look awesome.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QldMV View Post
So I bit the bullet and bought one from Design Corse. Firstly, once again the service was brilliant.
Now to the screen. Believe it or not I think it actually makes the bike look better. This is going to be a personal thing but it really looks awesome on the bike.
It offers a little more wind protection at high speed which is basically what I was after. I didn't want a lot just a bit and i pretty much got it.
Fitting was a bit of a pain in the butt. Mostly because the instructions only come in Italian. There is pictures but instructions in English would have been a great help. Basically you need to drill a hole in the original instrument cowl. This needs to be accurate. You mount the new cowl to the outside of the original through that hole. You MUST take the outside brackets off and install them with the new bolts and spacers into the original well nuts through the original cowl. Then you line up the brackets with the holes in the new cowl and install the supplied bolts. Install the screen onto the new cowl and tighten everything up. The new cowl is under quite a bit of tension once the holes line up but it won't break. I was worried it would at first.
The only other thing I had to do was go to a rubber supply shop and buy a U shaped strip of rubber to put along the bottom of the new cowl because it is very close to the headlight and taps on it quite easily.
Overall I am stoked with the look and quality of the screen and got the result I was after. It really does look awesome.
Can you post a pic please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 1090RR
2010 Multistrada
2006 Sport Classic 1000
2008 Husky 610TE
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:37 PM

Yep, we need the pictures!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

I will take one in the next couple of days and post it. I got the black screen and cowl and my Brutale is the black and white colour schemed one. I believe looking at the Tamburini Corse website there is other colours available too.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/attach...1&d=1413365169
Attached Images

Last edited by QldMV; 10-15-2014 at 04:46 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

There you go looks awesome I recon. Love it how every time I lay eyes on my bike it still makes me say man that's beautiful. My son actually said to me the other day "dad if you could have any bike in the world you want money no object, what would it be"? I said "I already own it". There really isn't another bike I want more than the one I have. It seriously rocks my world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode