910R: Watch your seat! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Angry 910R: Watch your seat!

I just got back from a ride on my 910R I picked up last week. Absolutely love the bike; great handling, performance, style, etc.

Only thing so far is: Check the rear seat connector where it goes into the frame at the very back!!!!! (picture comment removed 8/28)

My seat broke completely loose while riding; I felt "something" hit me in the back and I literally caught the seat in mid-air before it hit the pavement.

The brassy looking pin that connects to the frame and is released by the key broke off at the weld site.

Word of warning---check the weld on your rear/passenger seat or you might be lookng along the highway for the seat.

I can only imagine trying to get a replacement 910R right now. Put an electrical tie or some type of attachement on the front of the seat to secure it from coming loose.
Attached Images

Last edited by lkyk9; 08-28-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkyk9

My seat broke completely loose while riding; I felt "something" hit me in the back and I literally caught the seat in mid-air before it hit the pavement.

So you had forward momentum, and your seat flew up with enough force to hit you in the back while riding and you caught it? Without the wind taking it away, and you reached behind yourself and caught it in a split second before it fell because you knew it must have been a seat and not some random object. Damn you must be spider man. Physics and your explanation arent quite matching up to be a nitpick. Maybe you can clarify.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yes I am spiderman. The point is to check this on the bike. I consider myself tremendously lucky that I'm not minus a rear seat on my brand new bike.

Drop by my area some day and I'll show you how to be aware of what's going on with your bike while you're riding it!!

What the hell is your point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I was going to edit my post to say that im not trying to be a jerk just cant picture it happening. My point I guess is how can a seat pop with enough force to strike you and you be quick enough to catch it behind you when riding. Dont get mad, just read what you said. You cant teach me anything about riding, but maybe you can teach me some of those ninja skills.

Joke. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Ok, now reply.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Maybe I should say it hit me in the lower back/butt area. The point is it DID come loose...pics to be posted soon...and flopped around before it blew off.

This is ended and may your seat fly off!!

Last edited by lkyk9; 04-19-2006 at 07:58 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
I had something like this happen to me twice, only it was my fault for not locking the rear seat with enough force. When it happened on my brothers R1, The seat tumbled down the road. When it happened on my Brutale, I felt something tap my lower back, sure enough it was my seat. I slowed down and managed to grab it (as it was resting up on my back) before it could fall.
Ninja Masters we are

It could happen

Live to Ride
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Same thing happenned to me...well, I got home and when I pressed on my passenger seat, it clicked and locked. No flying off luckily....but it made me shudder a bit.

I tell ya what, I'de be one pissed off person normally. Exhaust gaurds vibrate off, I find out I didn't press down on my seat hard enough to lock it (which is a stupid mistake on my part), random cutting off, finding out my bike was made in a Harley factory.....Lucky for MV I can't get the smile off my face everytime I swing my leg over.

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 AM

yep, common problem. Ive gotten in the habit of checking the rear seat before every ride. Even thought of taking some hi test fishing line and making a lanyard incase it ever popped off, but I was more worried about it flopping around and scratching the tail section if it ever did come off. Anyway, make sure you hear the "click" when you put the seat back on!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Thanks for posting this, I will be aware of this issue when I get my Senna... thanks to this forum, I won't have to learn this lesson the hard way.

O D O N A T A

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 AM

Wow... if it did go down the road due to a manufacturer error I would be seriously pissed after such a wait and would not be accepting a wait on a replacement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode