2004 750 Brutale Headlight on /off switch?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

2004 750 Brutale Headlight on /off switch??

Okay I know its a safety feature but I always feel a complete idiot with my headlight on in blazing sunshine.

Looking at the L/H switch it appears that there was originally a facility for a switch but its been blanked off.

My question: Did earlier/later bikes or other Brutale models have the headlight on/off switch fitted and does the wiring harness support the addition of a switch or am I looking at improvising something??

Thanks

Fent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 09:48 AM

Fent, yes the earlier bikes like my 2001 F4 and my wife Jeni's 2005 750 Brutale did indeed come with a switch to tun on/off the headlights, not sure what year your bike is and what the wiring harness is like but I think it could be figured out. The hard bit will be finding the earlier controls with switches.

jimboF4
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks Jimbo, mine is a 2004 model Brutale which sits between your 2001 F4 and your wife's 2005 Brutale. I wonder why they missed it off the 04 models?

At least I know what switch unit to look for now.

Fent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 10:49 AM

New Site Garage
It's a legal requirement in most Countries around the world for motorcycles to have their lights on permanently for safety reasons.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Fortunately not in the UK Donsy...........at least not yet, its still a matter of choice.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 02:41 PM

New Site Garage
Not so sure if I would call that fortunately Fent, being noticed by car drivers seems to be a global concern.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hey Donsy

I don't disagree with the point you are making, I've been riding/driving for a smidgen over 40 years, predominantly on British roads so I appreciate that congested roads and really appalling driver standards (really is there any point in fitting indicators to cars?) don't bode well for motorcyclists. In truth I rarely ride with my headlights off. I just hate automatic systems on vehicles. Perhaps its an unsavoury personality trait of mine but its akin to being told what to do. I just would like the choice. Therefore the search for a headlight on/off switchable unit continues. I've found a couple on ebay but the price is a little OTT for something that's not a necessity.

Again I genuinely appreciate your concern, I'm just a stubborn old sod.

Fent
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 06:56 AM

New Site Garage
No stress Fent, I'm a bit of a head banger against the rulers too. FWIW, it 's not hard to slip in a little toggle switch to be able to turn it off when you want to.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Established Member

Take a look at my post no.15, the thing you are looking is Aprilia part "AP8127703".
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=72090&page=2

Actually I find one for my DIY project, but right now it's summer in Croatia so I'll leave that for winter
It could be a easy swap but since Brutale have "famous" SPU I don't want to fry it, so first thing is to double check the pinout on Agusta Vs. Aprilia part.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 04:47 PM

This was ...., and is something I still want to do.

I posted a thread on this very subject quite a while ago
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41482
Some options here....
If you come up with anything else..., I'd be very interested!
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 09-01-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode