Stock gearing? Whose changed it up? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Stock gearing? Whose changed it up?

What the stock gearing on an 04 Brutale S? 14/41 stock gearing? just guessing since those are the available ones on eMotoUK.

I was thinkin about going down one in the front and/or up two in the rear to help with going off the line...but need to know where to start, lol.

Also, anybody else change up thier gearing? What'd you go to?

Also, isn't the stock rear carrier is proprietary? When/if you switch to a Talon carrier, does that allow you to use any other sprocket, like vortex, afam, etc, or do you have to stick with the Talon MV specific ones? What's the advantage to switching to it besides the no-need-to-remove-rear-wheel quick release?

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 04:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ddnuts
I don't know anything about the Brutale, but on the F4 Ago, I'm looking to go up 3 teeth in the rear. I'm just trying to figure out who has the 520 countershaft/rear sprocket for the bike.

Personality is what you show of yourself daily.

Character is what comes out under adversity. (Think about that)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Mine already has a 520 chain on it. Now that you're mentioning a 520 conversion, I'm wondering if the PO just did a 520 conversion(or does it comes stock with a 520), or if he already did a gearing change....

Nate
Brutale S
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 05:33 PM

The Brutale comes with a 520. Other than that, I don't know much about the gearing, except that the stock sprocket is proprietary.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Anybody know if that Talon carrier lets you use any other sprockets? i.e. lets you have a wider selection of gearing combinations?

I'de definitly take advantage of the quick release deal...I think I'de end up buying 3-4 sprockets to feel out which is the best gearing....but the only ones on the eMoto ar the 41 for the 750, but it looks as if you could use the 43t from the 910 if you have the carrier.....

Nate
Brutale S
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 07:41 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmh...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 AM

In the US it's easier to get the FBF carrier and their assortment of sprockets. I'd suggest to stay at 14 in the front as it's already fairly small. 43T rear is popular on the 750's and I normally run a 43 on my F4.

All 750's come stock with a 520 chain.

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.p...t_detail&p=345

JamesC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode