910r - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

910r

Guys all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! Need to get some rest. Full report to come tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Pictures
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 PM

trade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:46 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVITALIAN
Guys all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! Need to get some rest. Full report to come tomorrow.
It almost sounds like he had a sexual marathon...

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by odonata; 04-12-2006 at 10:55 PM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Sounds juicy....can't wait!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Okay guys I'm awake after only 3 hours of sleep. Can't stop thinking about that beautiful machine. Thought I would come downstairs write a report and head back up to sleep.

First initial response when seeing the bike at the dealer.

What an absolutely gorgeous bike! Pictures truly don't do this thing justice. I know you hear that all the time, but honestly, they don't. The color scheme is incredible and the rims really lock in the look of the bike. It just screams.....I'm a BadAss! MV can pat themselves on the back with this one. Once outside in the sun, the metallic in the paint is amazing! I know that this is a small detail....well big to me...the stickers being under clearcoat on the tank is great. What a fine touch to detail. Wasn't like that on my Speed Triple.

First thought when starting it up to head home.

Music to my ears. Now remember, I've never even heard a Brutale or MV for that matter. My Speed Triple had a great exhaust note.......doesn't even come close to the MV. Made me smile.....actually it gave me a pirma grin and this was only at idle! It was now time to ride home.

Riding impression home.

First off, the bike is a lot taller than the 910. I could sit and have my feet flat foot on the ground on the 910. Well on my tip toes on this thing. I'm 5'10". Maybe you guys can help me out on this one. Can I lower this? I would feel more comfortable in the grand scheme if I could. I weigh 235lbs. and it didn't even sink once I sat on it. None the less, didn't bother me on the ride home. Note also to self, adjust the shift lever.
The throttle is amazing!!!! Instantaneous response.....and I mean instantaneous! What a rush! Sooooooo much power. The sound of that bike up to 6 grand on the tach.....wow.....like no other! Heads turn. I can only imagine once I can get on it and once I get the racing exhaust. Such a beautiful sound.....and this is only during the break in!
Stearing is very light and responsive. The bike handled amazing. Took the long way home to benefit from some twisties. The best way I can put it is that I really felt one with the bike. Whatever I wanted it to do, it did, no questions asked. Looking forward to see what it really can do
Definitely need to adjust the suspension. Way too hard for the street. So with all of that said, I already have 60 miles on it. Looking forward to putting on about 100 or more tomorrow!
Short and sweet on the brakes. They are superb!
The looks people gave on the way home were great. Everyone staring wondering what kind of bike it was. I like to think of it as the Batmobile. You see it and you and like, "Holy Crap! What's that! That's Sweet!" Yes guys, I'm officially now The Caped Crusader!

Two negatives......nothing major but there are two. One, I'm waiting on a new mirror from MV. They shipped one with the metallic paint color to match the bike and one just flat black. To be honest, no one would notice but my dealer said that they(MV) have to make it right. Liked hearing that. So a new one is on the way. Two, my dealer didn't give me my darn owner's manual!!!! Realized that once I got home. I'm sure I would have noticed there if I wasn't so darn excited to ride that bad boy Going to go pick that up tomorrow....wait later today.

Okay enough. I know that you guys will appreciate this. My fiance followed me home. Every time that I looked back at her she was smiling ear to ear. Once home I asked her why the smiles. She said it was wonderful seeing my excitement and enjoyment with the bike. It reminded her of a 5 year old boy at Christmas. Gentlemen, this goes out to all of you, welcome to being 5 years old all over again
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Almost forgot. I will have lots of pics up tomorrow.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Awesome writeup! Glad to hear that MV is taking care of all the customers! Can't wait to see the pictures
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 02:31 AM
MV Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVITALIAN
Okay enough. I know that you guys will appreciate this. My fiance followed me home. Every time that I looked back at her she was smiling ear to ear. Once home I asked her why the smiles. She said it was wonderful seeing my excitement and enjoyment with the bike. It reminded her of a 5 year old boy at Christmas. Gentlemen, this goes out to all of you, welcome to being 5 years old all over again
You are one lucky guy!

Very surprised about the difference in ride height difference... it that suppose to be right? do other special edition bikes(with upgraded suspension) have different ride height than the standard model? i.e. Tamburini VS F4 1000, SPR VS. F4 750, F41000R VS. F4 1000?

Anyway, Congrats!!! make me happy just thinking about how great it must be for you to finally have it... I guess I just have 1 or 2 more months until ma Senna arrives. Thanks for the nice write up, I live vicariously through you... therefore I am also going to show you a few links about "breaking in your bikes"... it has been discussed here many times already, you can also ask Airfuel about it. since the process is very important.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/NewBike.html#BreakIn

I will try to find the link to the previous forum discussion.

O D O N A T A

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 02:44 AM
MV Cellist

Here it is:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread...ighlight=break
specifically:
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showpost.p...3&postcount=28 And post #29

There were other threads but mostly the same as this one: in agreement with the mototuneusa method.

Such an incredible bike you have there, Just thought that you might want to know about it before it's too late.

Good luck.

O D O N A T A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode