new 2005 750 brutale owner! but.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

new 2005 750 brutale owner! but....

Hi all! Im wicked stoked about my bike! Its beautiful, has 2800 miles (is this good or bad?), and sounds amazing! This is my first bike. Went in with the mentality of getting a triumph 675 daytona, saw this bike and never looked back!

Only problem is once I got it home, my dad decided he wanted to inspect it. He yanked on the air vent panel by the tank and snapped the back off. Really upset about it. Any help on where to find one would be great!

Any tips for a first time rider or about the bike is greatly appreciated. stoked to be part of the mv agusta community!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 AM

Welcome. Location?

My dad (25 years ago) decided to test drive my new bike. He came back walking (from around the block), didn't turn the gas on and dropped it when it stalled.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Yeah im tryin not to be too upset because its my dad but its hard lol. Im in florida. Palm coast/daytona beach area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 11:46 PM

Where in the world are you ?

If in the US try sending a PM to Carl his username is CAG, he may have the part you want.

If he can't help you send me a PM or email with a picture of the broken part and I'll see if I have one - I'm in Australia.

You could also try a wanted post in the forsale section.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Established Member

Welcome to the forum.........friendly and helpful. What a combination!
Nice choice on bike, not pretending to be an expert, my first time on an MV Brutale (2004 750) and I love it.
Have you tried a worldwide search on ebay for your part, don't be too specific just search for MV Agusta Brutale in motorcycle parts and accessories, then if you open up to a worldwide search. You may have to trawl a bit but I've often uncovered mis-described gems. There is also time machine bikes in the UK who deal in second hand MV parts.

+1 on rsawkins advice re CAG, I've just bought a standard front mudguard for mine off him because I couldn't find one in the UK. Then as these things go one turned up on ebay, almost on my doorstep and sold for pennies. Hey ho, probably wasn't as nice as CAG's.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 01:30 AM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum Matthew with two T's, great first bike you have there.
Parts are available all over the place, don't be upset with your Dad, he may have opened the door towards carbon replacements for you.
On my website you can download workshop manuals for your bike, have a good read.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode